Loose CV at differential (potential bad bearing?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

First post from a new member. New to me 2006 GX470 cv axle has a loose connection at the input to the front differential. I had thought this would be an opportunity to upgrade to a bushing but a bit a question to ECGS revealed to me that these rigs do not use the pesky needle bearings. My question is, how difficult is it to change the roller bearing and seal to correct the looseness I have?

My GX has at least a 3" lift with long travel and RCV cv axles.

Thanks,
Bryan

I believe that would be the pinion at the front Dif. and I think it's a bit involved to change out that bearing. But not impossible. Maybe someone else will comment.

1694111686637.png

On second thought I believe you are referring to a U-joint.

I was under the impression the full time diff used in the GX is the same diff used in the part time 4runner OEM Tacoma, the difference is in the extension tube on the passenger side having ADD or not. But looking at the parts diagram for both only the Tacoma shows the needle bearing. I installed the bushing on my old Tacoma, it only solves for the drivers side where the CV comes out of the diff. It isn’t difficult to swap with the right tools.

tacoma

GX

I am not sure this means it doesn’t exist on the GX, it may just be included in the carrier part number/ pre-installed in that part.

do you have the stock carrier or a locker?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom