Looking for user Reviews on the ARB Rear Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
I have been struggling between getting the ARB Rear Bumper and waiting for Slee's. I have bought 4 Slee Rear bumpers in the past (2 -80's and 2 100's) and have always been impressed. Why 2 of each? My youngest daughter (now 25) drives land Cruisers too and I am a good Dad to ensure her safety with armor :D

For the 100, the ARB looked like it dropped down much farther than the Slee. The only thing I thought was in the ARB's favor was using the stock hitch to maintain the rated tow rating. Christo told me he intends to do the same thing for the 200 series

I do like the ARB latch at the half point for the tire carrier. That means having a trailer won't impact the ability to open the rear of the truck to get into the ARB drawers for tools or other items.

I am generally an impatient person. After building up my 80 over several years, I built the 100 up in about a month because I knew what I wanted. I know what I want on the 200 including wanting a rear bumper. I was leaning towards waiting for Christos and then I saw this picture from Ouray. It is about the only action shot that gives a good view of the bumper. Many of the photos are from the back and really don't give a good feel for how the bumper looks

It would be great if those who have wheeled with these bumpers could provide comments. Slee's bumpers are great, but I did always drag the lip coming down stuff and I would expect to do that here. Does the metal hold up as well as Slees when being banged against rocks?

It would also be great to get a few more pictures from different angles other than a garage

Slee's products are awesome and I am buying all the stuff from christo no matter what Bumper I get. Christo really likes it when I get another truck. he even said in October when I ordered my Kimberley Karavan "When are you getting your 200 to pull dat thing (SA accent)"

Appreciate inputs from those who have the ARB Rear. This picture looks awesome! Not sure whose truck it is (new guy), nice job on the build

Bumper.JPG

Last edited:
I have read on a few other posts here that the side wings of the ARB bumper seem to flex quite a bit if you rest the rig on it - to the point of making contact (and damaging) the body.
I love the Slee bumper for the 100 series and can't wait to see how it looks/performs on a 200.

No that's Canyonero's rig

Ken, if you're impatient have you looked into Kaymar bumpers? With the Aus dollar exchange rate (as you well know) in our favor the price is decent.

Something to look in to. I would still like some user opinions of the ARBs from folks that have run with them. I really like the look of
Canyonero's rig in the first post

Ken, if you're impatient have you looked into Kaymar bumpers? With the Aus dollar exchange rate (as you well know) in our favor the price is decent.

Are you aware of anyone importing the Kaymar for sale in the US? I've never found anyone... There's a lot to like about some Kaymar bumpers...

Went and looked at the Kaymar and not a fan

I do like the look of their 40 bumper

I had this one made for my rig by a fab shop close by my work. My design (wish list) and the fab shop owners skills.
Nothing ventured nothing gained.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1441844285.826291.jpg

email9230.jpg

email9491.jpg

That's a sweet bumper. Does the tire get in the way of the camera?

I don't think You can make a full on functional bumper that is tighter to the frame or allows more clearance. Wait for Slee, contact my guy or make your own is my advise.

I'll agree with what Brian said. I've jacked the rear of my truck with a hilift on my ARB. I would NOT jack it up on the side wings though.

I think this is one of those things you can't make a bad choice, likl picking between the New Toyo AT II's and the new BFG KO2. I went with the ATII on my 100 and have been real happy. I was real happy running the Toyo MT's for yeaars, but didn't really need an MT tire

I think the Custom bumper Will Beamin has and whatever Christo comes up will be awesome and both are/will be tighter to body, but not that much comparing photos

The ARB will not impact my ability to open the rear when carrying a trailer. I have never Hi-lifted a truck from the wings and Don't think I would based on the attachment points from my 100. I have from the rear or the slider.

I'm leaning towards the ARB. Thanks for the inputs. I have a few days to ponder before I call and schedule a time with Christo

Are you aware of anyone importing the Kaymar for sale in the US? I've never found anyone... There's a lot to like about some Kaymar bumpers...

I contacted them direct a while back for pricing and they sent a price including shipping to LA.

I completely agree that you can't go wrong either way, and that the ARB is a really nice looking bumper, I do think there is quite a big difference in the departure angle with Willy's design... I liked it so much I had one built as well. I've since removed the resonator which is pretty much in full view, and my low point now by 4 inches is the trailer plug which I'll also have to move. Compare that to the ARB (I haven't) and see what the difference is. I suspect its pretty significant.

All that said, for most uses, that kind of angle isn't necessary all that often.

Right after the hunt for the truck, the build decisions are the fun part! Enjoy!

ry%3D480

What do you do with a Hi-Lift with the ARB Rear Bumper? How do you mount it or do you put it someplace else?

What do you do with a Hi-Lift with the ARB Rear Bumper? How do you mount it or do you put it someplace else?

I have the arb hi-lift kit for the spare swing bit it doesn't work with Rock Warriors and their offset combined with smaller diameter centre bore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom