Looking for L&R rear view mirrors like these from 60 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

merbesfield

SILVER Star
Threads
Not sure if these were 60 series Ausie issue only or? The only sites I see them for sale are Australian sites and they cannot sell to me. So does anyone know where I can get some?

Ausie eBay mirror link

Edit, I guess these mirrors are for 62 series.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I have those aftermarket mirrors from Oz--a mudder who was going there and returning to the states was kind enough to tote them back for me--and they suck. Do not buy.

They vibrate. They will not adjust to give the correct view, at least for my seating position. And the PS one is not convex so it leaves a blind spot.

You can buy 62 mirrors which are awesome but spendy, or you can look for the rad looking 70 style mirrors, but don't get those.

I have some I got from a member in NH. I think they come in manual or power styles. SO MUCH bigger & nicer than standard US 60 mirrors.
Once installed, my reaction was "Wow, so that's what's back there!"

Hi, After market, cool cruisers has some. They are just ok. Mike

I have been rockin my CCOT 62 mirrors for almost a year now and they are fine. Unquestionably not OEM standard but so much better than my old 60 mirrors. No vibration and even the passenger side is somewhat useful.

My .02

Try the european mirrors,they are better.

I actually was thinking about using these on my FJ45LV resto for an more agreesive/mod look and actual usefulness. Was thinking that they would be available as OEM parts and that if made by Toyota they would not be crappy. After posting my request I did find the CCOT mirrors. What I am not sure of is how they mount and if the angle or base plate can be modded to fit the angle of my LV doors.

My FJ45LV build thread

The mirrors for the 60 mount on a body line with a fair degree of surface relief. The mounting bracket has a concave profile that would not work when mounting to a flush 40 series door.

55 mirrors fit perfect on a 45LV
56435111.jpg

You can buy those in chrome from toyota. They are the OEM 62 non-electric mirrors. I got mine from Cdan. Ranks right up there with better seats as one of the best everyday mods I've ever done. I spray painted mine black if you don't like the chrome. No vibration, no complaints. OEM quality.

Pimp, I have the same mirrors NOS in box that I bought years ago. Q. can you actually see much w them? I know on my P cars the little mirror is worthless.

Lovetoski, do you recall approximately what they cost at the time?

I would fabricate or adjust base plate for slight difference in body line. They look close, being that they are similarly flat and fall on body line. Least that's what I am hoping.

Thanks Mark

PS edit, pics of your rigs showing mirrors would be great.

I have the Euro style mirrors on my FJ60 and they look awesome and give a great deal more to see back there than the stock mirrors. Euro mirrors (not from Taiwan) are well worht the investmment IMHO.

I have the Euro style mirrors on my FJ60 and they look awesome and give a great deal more to see back there than the stock mirrors. Euro mirrors (not from Taiwan) are well worht the investmment IMHO.

By Euro do you mean OEM part from Australia? Can anyone post some pics? Does anyone have a spare base gasket that I could borrow to see if it is close to contour of my LV before I pull trigger and order from Dan? Prob will not be able to return if they do not work. Thanks Mark

Erroneously called "Aussie" mirrors, were common on European spec 60's, for the 1984 year.

Really nicely made, solid and will flip in on contact with bush. Good convex mirror elements.
Toyota p/n 87903-90A02 , if I recall correctly, same for either side.

image-1135689653.jpg

image-2595412340.jpg

Last edited:
roalco, those are not the mirrors I was referring to in my original post, though I have seen these before. The ones I have seem are much larger and more rectangular. They appear to have been offered in either Chrome with power operated or non-power operated. I have posted a few more pics showing the mirror I am referring to. Thanks for the help.

images.jpg

60 series mirror.jpg

mUWjqgBZ4L1UULy_BS9eTQA.jpg

Erroneously called "Aussie" mirrors, were common on European spec 60's, for the 1984 year.

Really nicely made, solid and will flip in on contact with bush. Good convex mirror elements.
Toyota p/n 87903-90A02 , if I recall correctly, same for either side.

I have these also and they are great! Nice size, don't vibrate and the convex is very good.

Doug

well compared to trying to use the fender mounted mirror........yes you can see stuff, actually they work very well, but I am not out on the freeway passing rigs often

Pimp, I have the same mirrors NOS in box that I bought years ago. Q. can you actually see much w them? I know on my P cars the little mirror is worthless.

PS edit, pics of your rigs showing mirrors would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom