Looking for L&R rear view mirrors like these from 60 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These and they are great.

Doug

P1060387 resized.jpg

These and they are great.

Doug

Those look good on your rig, but i don't thing they will work on my older body style. Not that the big ones I posted necessarily would work, but was thinking more along the design ques seen on Hummers etc. Flame away if you feel the need, but lets keep the thread on target. :D Along the lines of the Rod Millen modded cruiser shown here.

Landcruiser.jpg

Lcruiser_rear.jpg

roalco, those are not the mirrors I was referring to in my original post, though I have seen these before. The ones I have seem are much larger and more rectangular. They appear to have been offered in either Chrome with power operated or non-power operated. I have posted a few more pics showing the mirror I am referring to. Thanks for the help.

Sorry, you were posting in 60 series and asking about later 62 series mirrors, I just mentioned as the Euro mirrors, being convex, give a much better view than the big flat 62 mirrors. Just don't waste your money on ANY offshore made copies, they will self destruct alarmingly fast, and that's without brush hits!!

Yes it includes 61s and 62s. I'm on mobile and can't see what cruisers you own. And as you didn't say what you're putting them on I assumed you were putting them on a 60 series, I guess you aren't?

These are the ones you really want.

Manual, very, very sturdy, and Murakami.

:) I just got my own set today. My old 62 mirrors were starting to vibrate a bit and a bit faded in the base color. They've lasted almost 25 years so the expense is justified. And they look very good on the 60.

:cheers:

mirror1.jpg

mirror2.jpg

mirror4.jpg

Not to hijack but how much for your old ones beno? Shoot me a PM if you're interested in getting rid of em.

Beno, what are the gasket numbers for those, or do they come with the gasket?

Beno, what was the cost for the pair, including gaskets? Are they readily available?

http://coolfj40.stores.yahoo.net/mirfjfjcharg.html
Got a pair of theses. The do vibrate a lot, but I like the bigger mirror.

After reading this thread, I ordered/received a set of these mirrors. I must be doing something wrong because I can't get them to adjust adequately. I can either see the side, below the widow, or the ground. Both views are really clear and they offer a much better field of vision than the stock but I can't get them to adjust, It appears that some of the plastic on the inside prevent the mirror itself from moving at the angle I need. My plan is to return them unless the company has a "pain in the neck" return policy. I hate to think I spent $100+ and I have to modify them myself.

After reading this thread, I ordered/received a set of these mirrors. I must be doing something wrong because I can't get them to adjust adequately. I can either see the side, below the widow, or the ground. Both views are really clear and they offer a much better field of vision than the stock but I can't get them to adjust, It appears that some of the plastic on the inside prevent the mirror itself from moving at the angle I need. My plan is to return them unless the company has a "pain in the neck" return policy. I hate to think I spent $100+ and I have to modify them myself.

Sounds like they are still the poorly made, fragile, shaky aftermarket mirrors they always were. I notice that now have a disclaimer about mirror damage from salt... They must still be using the cheap, thin, unsealed mirror glass. Better open them up (carefully!!) and paint the mirror backs, while you're trying to get the adjustment tension screws to work properly. Be very, very careful as the plastic is extremely brittle. Also, a wrap or two of self vulcanizing tape around the perimeter of the mirror glass will act as both a cushion to keep the mirror glass from buzzing, and a seal to keep the moisture away from the mirror back and the poorly plated tension screws ( they turn into a ball of rust).
Ask me how I know!!!
Like most offshore aftermarket replica parts, they only look like what they are replacing, bling over function.... Okay for mall cruisers...
Good luck!

Could you give me some clues on how to open it up? I've pried the mirror up enough to see some screws, it looks like I'd need a screw driver with a short shaft with a 45 degree angle to get to the screws.

These are the ones you really want.

Manual, very, very sturdy, and Murakami.

:) I just got my own set today. My old 62 mirrors were starting to vibrate a bit and a bit faded in the base color. They've lasted almost 25 years so the expense is justified. And they look very good on the 60.

:cheers:

Those are the ones I have. They are awesome. Totally worth the coin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom