Looking for distributor cap for CA Jan 80 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I have been hunting for what appears to be a discontinued item-- distributor cap for Jan 1980 CA FJ40 (with smog). Any suggestions where I might source greatly appreciated.
Best,
Ed

Hi all,
I have been hunting for what appears to be a discontinued item-- distributor cap for Jan 1980 CA FJ40 (with smog). Any suggestions where I might source greatly appreciated.
Best,
Ed
Good luck! You're going to need it. I sourced mine from www.fjparts.com a few years ago, but it looks like he sold out of his stock. I could not find one anywhere else. I have a FJ60 dizzy with dented side cover on the shelf for a replacement when I can no longer find another cap. Which will probably be when this one wears out. Your other option is a brand new DUI dizzy.

Napa?

Like this?

1695176722401.png

The Cruiser Corp one is from 8/80 and my FJ40 is Jan/Feb 1980 and a different one...but thanks anyway.

Yes these are getting harder to find. Just as an FYI the dizzy cap is identical for both cali-spec and Federal models from 1/79 through 7/80, and the 78 model year cap will also fit your dizzy with the only difference being the size of the vent ports. Some folks have been successful finding an aftermarket cap for this era at Napa. I have run both OEM and aftermarket caps on my 3/79 and they are both good. If you find a source, buy 2 or 3. The 1/79-7/80 dizzy is a really nice one and worth keeping on your rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom