Looking for an exhaust system fj62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all , I just purchased a basket case 1990 fj62 non- running , I got lucky when I tracked down that the fusible link wire for ignition was broke , replaced it now runs however the PO rigged the exhaust system and removed both o2 sensors down pipe and was running it with any sensors at all. I ve searched the web for replacement down pipes or headers that have the o2 sensor holes in them but am having trouble finding any . Help please ...thx

So you're looking for a stock take-off exhaust or aftermarket exhaust? I have a full stainless magnaflow system on my truck which I like, it's fairly quiet and fits very well.

Any system that offers o2 sensor locations installed - the magnaflow system , does that system start at the manifolds back or cat back ? thx

Any system that offers o2 sensor locations installed - the magnaflow system , does that system start at the manifolds back or cat back ? thx
My system is manifold back. You could also pull the current exhaust on it and have O2 sensor bungs welded in, or an exhaust shop make a system on the cheap I'd imagine.

I was hoping to find a bolt on to make things simple , so where did you get yourS at and is it a bolt on ?

@mel lowe he may have something available and he's in FL

Don't think that anyone every made a full system other than maybe Man-A-Fre. Other than that you can find stock "Walker" brand replacement stuff on RockAuto for a decent price if Mel can't hook you up.

yes , I have checked rockauto and they have cats and mufflers tail pipes but no down pipes or header , I'm hoping someone has a good original for sale . thank for the heads up.

OK post up what you HAVE...I thought you were looking for a header in the classifieds; you need stock down pipes, aka intermediate pipes. most likely,you have intermediate pipes, but they've been hacked ahead of where the o2 sensors should bung, from what you're saying...no one makes replacement down pipes to buy but the exhaust shop. if your down tubes are in OK shape, they will be able to weld in a piece of pipe with o2 bungs into your existing mess...if the pipes are rotten, then they can still make you an exhaust using your flanges, but it'll cost more accordingly. the only cheap way to do it is to own the bender and welder, in which case you wouldn't be posting this question. hate to say it, but it sounds like you're gunna hafto go to the shop, or hit up your local TLC club and maybe get some help to do it yourself. as far as the actual bungs...you might end up cutting those from plate, or - and don't say I said it'll work- maybe a mini truck o2 bung will work for the cruiser o2 sensor...I have yet to find an aftermarket 3FE manifold flange, but I was kicking around the idea of getting a plates worth cut just to fill the gap. you might hit up @reevesci...he is FULL of wonderful secrets...

I would like to hear more about this, as I'm looking for headers to muffler. Walker still has some stuff and it seems like some you can find headers. But, a Y pipe is nowhere to be found.

As in post-cat Y-pipe? Walker 40210 is the number but is out of stock it seems. Got mine 2 years a go at Rock Auto. Hopefully they're going to pick up production again.

Eric

Will an '86 FJ60 exhaust pipe complete work or rather fit on an '88 FJ62?
Also has anyone fitted an '85 FJ60 motor and transmission in an '88 FJ62?

the 3FE exhaust is very different than a 2F
the 3Fe is 2 smaller down pipes versus the 1 larger single downpipe of the 2F

if you have a parts 1985 60 series, you would need more than just the engine and trans combo.
the clutch brake pedal bucket would need to be swapped in, along with the clutch master and piping,
driveshafts
gas pedal linkage assembly and brackets
fan shroud
power steering lines/hoses and cooler
some wiring changes
etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom