Looking for a family hauler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not I!

Got Techstream working on an old windows laptop. I was able to get in and tweak some things that were bothering me like the behavior of autolock.

I was disappointed at the settings available - was hoping I'd be able to program a new remote, but not looking likely.

Edit:
Just found this link on using Techstream to program a key. Looks like I just didn't know where to go! Off to buy a new key off eBay. I only received one with the truck.

View attachment 1605501

Um, where did you get Techstream from and where can I get it, I miss having it so much!?!?!? I have a Toughbook with Windows 7 I could use it on lol
And there should be a song an dance to program a remote, I don't remember the remote being a programmable thing through Techstream till 07 ish...

I am jealous of the key programming, I looked into it for our 00 4Runner and its a scary song and dance and god help you if you get it wrong -_-

Um, where did you get Techstream from and where can I get it, I miss having it so much!?!?!? I have a Toughbook with Windows 7 I could use it on lol
And there should be a song an dance to program a remote, I don't remember the remote being a programmable thing through Techstream till 07 ish...

I am jealous of the key programming, I looked into it for our 00 4Runner and its a scary song and dance and god help you if you get it wrong -_-

Remote is programmed through a crazy 20 step process. Techstream is needed to get the key to work with the immobilizer. Truck won't start otherwise.

Got it by following the link HERE. I had the cable already but never was able to get it to work. While trying again tonight I remembered I had an old netbook in the attic with XP. Very easy install on that!

Cut key with electronics was only $37 on eBay from a seller named 1010keys. You take a picture of your key and he figures out the cuts.

What is this techstream? I wish all the doors would unlock on my ridgeline when I put it in park.

It's Toyotas diagnostic software. I think Honda has a similar one called HDS.

There is a somewhat low cost cable on Amazon called a VCI cable to connect from USB to the OBDII port.

That said, search on some Honda forums for a solution.
On Toyotas there is usually some form of ritual you can perform to change the settings. There was one for the Lexus locks, but I was too dumb to get it to work...

Remote is programmed through a crazy 20 step process. Techstream is needed to get the key to work with the immobilizer. Truck won't start otherwise.

Got it by following the link HERE. I had the cable already but never was able to get it to work. While trying again tonight I remembered I had an old netbook in the attic with XP. Very easy install on that!

Cut key with electronics was only $37 on eBay from a seller named 1010keys. You take a picture of your key and he figures out the cuts.

Thank You for the Link! (Begins to spend more unnecessary money for cable....)
Yeah I have a love hate relationship for immobilizer keys, great feature, but an pain in the butt to deal with.

What is this techstream? I wish all the doors would unlock on my ridgeline when I put it in park.

You can use it on the CT Andy to adjust any settings on the car you may not like, however I don't think it has an option to disable the traction control....

You can use it on the CT Andy to adjust any settings on the car you may not like, however I don't think it has an option to disable the traction control....
If @caz is willing. I'd sure as hell like to try!

Im sure one of the scan tools we have at work would do the trick. I’ve done both my FJ and the wife’s GTI as the single door unlock makes me see red.
That would be sweet. I will probably drive it to breakfast and could swing by your place afterwords. I think you wern't too far.

Im sure one of the scan tools we have at work would do the trick. I’ve done both my FJ and the wife’s GTI as the single door unlock makes me see red.

Which scan tools do you have, We have the full tablet version of the Autel and Snap-On Solus Edge. Sometimes we get lucky and can get in sometimes not, its always hit or miss with cars these days.

Which scan tools do you have, We have the full tablet version of the Autel and Snap-On Solus Edge. Sometimes we get lucky and can get in sometimes not, its always hit or miss with cars these days.

We have close to a dozen different ones. Snap on Zeus and full tablet autel are the more popular ones. We also have some mini autel, launch, and a few others geared towards BMW, VW/Audi, and MB. We have a few older ones too that get the dust blown off that use for early obd2 or obd1.

426F5688-EFC8-4D19-84FD-F8C446D15593.jpeg
Here’s your GX on 35s... was just looking at a thread on the FJC forum. Guy was parting some stuff out that he didn’t transfer over and I came across this pic. He’s waiting on a fender kit but swapped his Total Chaos LT front and MT LT rear along with his wheels and 35s. Some trimming of course and a new fender kit will make one heck of family hauler! JK...

Wow, that's big! Pretty sure I'd cap the tire size at 285.

Sorry for the hi-jack Andy, So back to the family hauler, seriously interested in the old wheels lol!

I have to peruse my Instagram account, someone I follow Overlands a GX470, they are awesome rigs!

Sorry, I plan to have the wheels sand blasted and powder coated. Id like to put them back on the next time I get tires. They are pretty wheels but for the peeling paint...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom