Local resources needed- diesel and window/tint, for starters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bottombracket

SILVER Star
Threads
Dear all,

I just acquired an HJ61 and need some immediate help/advice. I am a total diesel mechanic noob.

Anyone know a shop here in Austin that can rebuild Denso injectors, and maybe even the injection pump?

I am getting black smoke on heavy throttle pedal/acceleration, and have a decent amount of diesel leaking down the side cover of the engine, and it looks like it's coming from injectors 5 and 6. The motor has 460,000km so I'm not surprised. I have no service history on the truck.

Anyone have a good window glass/tint shop they trust? All windows are untinted, and the windshield is shot.

Thanks in advance.

Congrats on the new rig. I don't have any information about diesel shops but I would like to see some pics of the truck.

A.J

IMG_3049.JPG

12HT. What you can't see is the diesel slick down the right side.

IMG_3054.JPG

Annie (4) loves it.

IMG_3055.JPG
IMG_3063.JPG

A unique battery hold down.

Sweet rig! I can't help on diesel but I've used Mother's tint on S. Lamar and it wasn't too bad on the wallet. That was probably six years ago so who knows what their prices are now. Good luck and enjoy!

Nice rig. I've always used Sunbusters tint up near Duval/183 (across the street from Bone Daddy's). 5 vehicles, including my LX470 have been done by them and they do an excellent job. Got my front windshield tinted as well. I did their top of the line Formula1 Ceramic for $389 + $125 for the windshield.

Austin Fuel Injection can rebuild/pop test the injectors and rebuild the pump.

What part of Europe is it from?

Austin Fuel Injectors did my injectors on my B diesel. They also had a white BJ40 in the shop when I picked them up. I believe they were doing the timing on it. Great dudes.

Dave, Jason- I'll be calling the injection shop shortly.

I am sure the injectors need to be done as they are leaking diesel. How can I tell if the pump needs a rebuild? It is dry and clean.

There is oil smeared around the turbo...maybe it needs a rebuild too.

I assume at 500,000km those three things need a rebuild.

John- why are we counting? If we must, 3 60 series (60 project with no motor), this 61, red 62. The red 62 is the steadfast daily driver until I get this reliable. Then I will drive the white one forever.

Dave- Spain. Brought in by Chris Spaulding 2+ years ago, bought off of craigslist by a young guy who works in a custom Harley shop. He daily drove it for two years and then didn't want the liability of a gray market ~30 year old daily driver. He was a cruiser newbie and didn't really know what he was driving in terms of scarcity. There is no rust, but a bunch of dents - front fenders and valence took the worst. The stripes hide it pretty well.

Nice rig. I've always used Sunbusters tint up near Duval/183 (across the street from Bone Daddy's). 5 vehicles, including my LX470 have been done by them and they do an excellent job. Got my front windshield tinted as well. I did their top of the line Formula1 Ceramic for $389 + $125 for the windshield.

+1

They did the windows in my Corvette and Taco, as well as the vinyl on the front of the Taco.

The owner has great taste in vehicles, he gave me his card at one of the Cars and Coffee, (Zinger on North Lamar), and told me to call him first if I ever wanted to sell the 40! :grinpimp:

I'd leave the pump alone if it's dry. The injector rebuild should solve the leak issue.

Dave, Jason- I'll be calling the injection shop shortly.

I am sure the injectors need to be done as they are leaking diesel. How can I tell if the pump needs a rebuild? It is dry and clean.

There is oil smeared around the turbo...maybe it needs a rebuild too.

I assume at 500,000km those three things need a rebuild.

John- why are we counting? If we must, 3 60 series (60 project with no motor), this 61, red 62. The red 62 is the steadfast daily driver until I get this reliable. Then I will drive the white one forever.

Dave- Spain. Brought in by Chris Spaulding 2+ years ago, bought off of craigslist by a young guy who works in a custom Harley shop. He daily drove it for two years and then didn't want the liability of a gray market ~30 year old daily driver. He was a cruiser newbie and didn't really know what he was driving in terms of scarcity. There is no rust, but a bunch of dents - front fenders and valence took the worst. The stripes hide it pretty well.

Not counting just wondered if you have enough garage space ; ) thought you had 3 at one time

I used Austin Window Tint a few years back on my 60. I was happy with the results.

If you want to try a simple fix, you could do a Liqui Moly Diesel Purge treatment and see if your injectors perform better. You can get it at NAPA or Amazon.

Another vid on cleaning the injectors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom