Local resources needed- diesel and window/tint, for starters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks guys.

I met up with Mauricio last weekend who went over my truck and pronounced it healthy from a diesel standpoint. I was apparently worrying too much about little stuff.

I do have a new problem- I nearly overheated while running 70mph or so on the highway for about 15min in 100deg temps this week. It ran fine, never skipped a beat, but as soon as I looked down and saw the temp, I pulled it off the road and parked in the shade for 30 min. Temperatures stayed low normal as usual as I carefully drove the last 10 min home after the cool down.

I'm assuming a clogged radiator, given how nasty the coolant looks. Need to drain it next week and get it cooked out, assess the thermostat and water pump.

IMG_3143.JPG

Thanks guys.

I met up with Mauricio last weekend who went over my truck and pronounced it healthy from a diesel standpoint. I was apparently worrying too much about little stuff.

I do have a new problem- I nearly overheated while running 70mph or so on the highway for about 15min in 100deg temps this week. It ran fine, never skipped a beat, but as soon as I looked down and saw the temp, I pulled it off the road and parked in the shade for 30 min. Temperatures stayed low normal as usual as I carefully drove the last 10 min home after the cool down.

I'm assuming a clogged radiator, given how nasty the coolant looks. Need to drain it next week and get it cooked out, assess the thermostat and water pump.

View attachment 1523933
You should probably put an EGT gauge on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom