LOCAL Resources for Service, Parts, Tools, Supplies, Services Etc. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just finished keyword searching the thread for "weld", "welder", and "welding" and came up empty--apologies if I missed something. Can anyone recommend a good, old-fashioned welder?
Thinking I'm going to pull my rear bumper cover and see about getting a weld-in Class III hitch installed in my rear crossmember. Then I'll cut a hole in the bumper cover and reinstall. Like an LX470 hitch setup, but beefier and uglier.

American Truck and Trailer in Manassas if you're looking for a welding service.

Hi all, newly back into the LC world, and let me start by saying I am probably the least mechanically inclined person in here. That said, I love cool trucks and just imported a 93 HDJ81, with (2) KZJ78s on the way. I’m looking for recommendations for a diesel mechanic, familiar with the 1HDT to perform a compression test and possible BEB replacement. I live in the Annapolis area, but willing to drive up to 2 hours away for a trusted shop. Thanks in advance.

Hi all, newly back into the LC world, and let me start by saying I am probably the least mechanically inclined person in here. That said, I love cool trucks and just imported a 93 HDJ81, with (2) KZJ78s on the way. I’m looking for recommendations for a diesel mechanic, familiar with the 1HDT to perform a compression test and possible BEB replacement. I live in the Annapolis area, but willing to drive up to 2 hours away for a trusted shop. Thanks in advance.

The closest shop and parts to you is in Annapolis. Check out ToyotaMatt.

Was asked by Stump where I get my wheels serviced? { Getting personal are we :hillbilly: }

I went with Road Force Balancing @ Matt Curry's Craftsman Auto Care
Cost for the balance and rotation of a set (4) of 285/70-17s on alloys cost ~$71 @ the Fairfax location on Lee Highway (Wegmans/Costco).
I believe they set up their race cars at that location. Not all locations can do truck size tires.

They currently have a $20 off coupon for new customers @ Specials - Craftsman Auto Care

For info on the balancer Road Force® Elite Wheel Balancer | Hunter Engineering Company. :steer:

Was asked by Stump where I get my wheels serviced? { Getting personal are we :hillbilly: }

I went with Road Force Balancing @ Matt Curry's Craftsman Auto Care
Cost for the balance and rotation of a set (4) of 285/70-17s on alloys cost ~$71 @ the Fairfax location on Lee Highway (Wegmans/Costco).
I believe they set up their race cars at that location. Not all locations can do truck size tires.

They currently have a $20 off coupon for new customers @ Specials - Craftsman Auto Care

For info on the balancer Road Force® Elite Wheel Balancer | Hunter Engineering Company. :steer:
Perfect! I was going to PM you for that info.

Looking for bartenders in the DC area. Need someone that is willing to bartend 3-4days. Opening and working thru the dinner rush.

Smitty's Welding and Radiator Shop
3601 East St, Landover, MD 20785
(301) 772-7386

before and after on a brass CSF radiator refurb (boil, pressure test, weld any issues, retest, and paint):
915BCAA4-EAB2-473F-9B1E-9A88E325222F.jpeg
401007D7-651B-413E-9DAC-B4FAFF164807.jpeg
1B95A910-3132-4680-B1E2-984C92544BF8.jpeg

Hey guys... I have a question.

Does anyone know (or have done it) if my 2005 LX bumper will fit a 1999 LC?

I'm interested in this deal and want to be 100% sure.

Hey guys... I have a question.

Does anyone know (or have done it) if my 2005 LX bumper will fit a 1999 LC?

I'm interested in this deal and want to be 100% sure.

I'm almost positive the bumpers are different between those year spans and between LC and LX. The Lexus Grille attaches differently. At least i'm pretty sure it does. I don;t have both here to compare.

I'm almost positive the bumpers are different between those year spans and between LC and LX. The Lexus Grille attaches differently. At least i'm pretty sure it does. I don;t have both here to compare.
Thanks for helping out.

howdy folks,

i haven't been too active lately as i haven't been working on the 80 much. however, the recent rain has revealed a leak that drains into my driver's side footwell. i can see it dripping in at the lower corner of the windshield, plus the windshield itself is thoroughly pitted and has a couple small cracks, so i figure it's time to replace both the glass and seal. i've sifted around enough to see that these replacements need to follow the FSM, and that OE seals are preferred.

the Safelite online quote was around $285 for mobile service, which i'm guessing is not OE glass as that's >$500 on dealer sites. it's probably not an OE seal, either, so requesting either will likely increase the price. i'm fine with an increase in price to get quality for one of the most important parts of the exterior, though!

since there hasn't been a ton of discussion on this recently, is Safelite still a decent choice? or, can anyone recommend a good shop around Rockville?

and on a side note, is there a brand of windshield cheaper than OE but of similar quality? i had my Audi's windshield replaced with Pilkington, as they're an OEM and basically just lacked the Audi logo.

thanks,
- emilio

Pilkington doesn't make glass for the 80 anymore. Safelite you'll get Chinese glass. OEM from Conicelli is $400 then $66 for the gasket. But then you need to go pick them up (which they allow you to choose as a "shipping" option). Then go find an old school glass shop to do the work. I took mine to Windshield City in Chantilly and dropped off the truck for them to do the work right. I had some rust issues he cleaned up and primed before installing the new glass and gasket and he did it the right way (sealer in both groves of the gasket). Mike is the owner and been in the auto glass business for a long time and is a stand up guy. Worth the drive down if you can't find a similar shop in Rockville.

Just dropped my buddy’s bronco off at Classic Automotive in Manassas, by 2 Silos Brewing. Eddie, the Service Manager (owner?) worked at Springfield Toyota in the 70’s and 80’s. They have done mechanical and engine work on FJ40s recently, and they seem to do good work. They do lots of American classic vehicles as well, so if you are looking for work on a 350 or some other stuff, they are just another option if you can’t get on Ryan’s schedule and need something done.

Just got my '95 lc80 back from Hillyard Automotive in Ashburn, VA. They did an awesome job installing an OME stock height suspension kit and even spent a couple days with the truck trying to figure out if it was leaking oil or just had old oil from previous leaks. Turned out to be just old oil :whew:

Mike, the owner, was a Toyota tech for 17 years and the other guys working there have been in the automotive scene for a while.

Looking for club tube bender ?? Anyone know where it is

Anyone have a trailer they're willing to let me borrow for a day? Have 20' and 16' boards I need to return and they stick too far out the back of the 200.

@afgman786 you can use mine after coal mine. But there is probably one closer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom