Local PA meet again this year? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in for wheeling and camping on the 20th...let's make it happen!

Was hopin to make it, but I is just not in the cards for me. If something changes the Hybrid Synergy Drive is ready and able...for the most part.

Damn Slater you're disappointing me! First no come to the Coal Mine event and now no Sept 20. Ever since you traded your 55 for a boat........................ Gary

Yup one in the same.

I know Gary ...u can say it ...I ain't worth a sh!! anymore.

Who all is in? I put my hardtop and hard doors on the 40 Friday, didn't want to chance a ride to Shamokin and back home with only a bikini top! Let's se who intends to ne at the new park this Saturday. Gary S

I'm in:steer:

I'm going to have to sit this one out. Top isn't ready to be put one, but I was going to tough that one out. (not that I was looked forward to 2 hours of sub 60 degree driving + whatever the temp as we wheeled) Real issue is I've discovered slop in my pinion on the front diff. See: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/pinion-nut-is-loose-questions.818208/

I want to get that fixed before I wheel it. Hope to catch the next one.

OK guys, if you are gonna show Saturday i's bset to have your waiver and any other paperwork filled ine before you get to the park. I've siffered through long lines at paragaon and rausch enough times to know that fillingmouyt your PW ahead of time is smart. here's the link to the park's site: http://www.anthraciteadventure.com/pages/ I've never been there so can't say what awaits us but I see a day spent riding through the park end exploring to get a feel for it at least. Gary

For your information, the entrance to the park is at the top of a mountain. driving to the park from Shamokin is the easiest approach but for most of us may not be the most direct route. The approach from the south has some long climbs, and the last approach to the park is after a hard left hand turn. Just a heads up what to expect on your way to the park. gary

Last edited:
**EDIT**
On page 2 - Earth Day Campground

A buddy of mine here at work has been there and said it is pretty cool. No facilities - like camping at Rausch.

Does anyone feel like making this a more active club? Something to think about for Sat.

Hey Eric,

I think there are a few of us who would like to see a more active club. It is certainly open for discussion!

As of this point, I don't think we are camping unless there are more who want to join.

The camping link is somewhere on the first page of the thread.

Thanks,
Andy

Last edited:
Final Details:
Sept 20 @ Anthracite
Wheeling on Saturday the 20th (meet @ 9:30 in parking lot)
NO CAMPING - subject to change.....

Post here if you have an open seat - some may want to come up and ride along rather than wheel

• I am planning to ARRIVE at 9:30 and then register.
  • Bring a lunch to eat on the trail
  • Count on being out on the trails until at least 3:00 - 4:00 unless we get bored, break, or other.....
  • I have no idea what the wheeling is like at this park - but your truck may be scratched, dented, or otherwise defaced - you are taking it off road.
  • Plan to go to dinner if you can (location TBD)

My contact info:
andy at the zooks dot net
717_951_8675

Current Atendees:
Myself - FJ40
Gary - FJ40
Royce - HJ47
Vince - LX450
Greg - FZJ80
Dan - FJ40
Eric - FJ55

Last edited: