Local Diesel Prices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$4.37 medford oregon, jacksonville hwy. parked the 2008 diesel that gets 11mpg :bang::bang::bang: to drive 86 astro van. bull****.

The stretch of I-5 from Redding, CA north to about Springfeild/Eugene. OR tends to be a little more than other areas anyways.

I saw $4.59 in McLean, VA today, sheesh, if they weren't more efficient and better for the environment I would be rethinking my stand in the oil burners.

in Italy 1,37 euros/litre. We are in the ****.......

The same over here, new all-time high is now 1,38 euros/litre.
That equals 8.30 USD/gallon.
And it's not just because diesel is hard to get. It's because certain kind of people make money by DECLARING crude oil to be scarce but it's still abundant.

I saw $4.59 in McLean, VA today, sheesh, if they weren't more efficient and better for the environment I would be rethinking my stand in the oil burners.

That's exactly what 'they' want you to do. No conspiracy theory, just the facts: there is not one US company that has been able to build an efficient, powerful small displacement diesel. Therefore, diesel prices will rise to discourage consumers from buying European, and soon Japanese, diesel powered vehicles and instead buy Made-In-China American cars.

It's because certain kind of people make money by DECLARING crude oil to be scarce but it's still abundant.

Precisely. There is enough oil still waiting to be tapped to give oil execs sleepless nights. Russia hasn't even turned on the taps yet; Iraq is still essentially off-line. The fact is we will move away from petroleum energy long before we run out. Don't believe the hype.

i filled up an hour ago in edmonton and it was $1.229 a litre...
anyone else on here from edmonton? and wanting to start a biodiesel co-op?
but i feel that the real problem isn't the price of fuel...

Last edited:
Gold and oil traditionally have had a 15-to-1 relationship, only slipping out of congruence for short periods of time. When the gold/dollar relationship is anchored, the oil/dollar relationship remains stable as well. ... When the dollar/gold relationship is malfunctioning, as it is now, capital is wasted as producers try to protect themselves from the damaging impact of inflations and deflations, which ultimately weaken the entire pricing system. The upshot is that prices will eventually come down. But in the meantime, we’ll all be getting squeezed at the pumps.
GOLD vs CRUDE OIL

Today the gold to oil ratio is 8:1.

Our society is in this mess because because we value everything by money. This only plays on human greed. Unfortunately we've lost sight of other more important values like sustainability, and doing more with less.

People are starving in the 3rd world, but not because we're eating meat. Unless we send food aid as bags of grain guarded and distributed by our own troops, it will be hijacked onto the black market by the 'leaders' of those countries. People are poor and starving because 95% of their country's wealth is held by 5% of the population, and the rest starve.

Last edited:
Okay Ohrly, I 'll bite, WHERE???

From the biodiesel man! No not the icecream man - this guy is much better.

Some nice golden fuel that runs way better than pump diesel, lubricates my engine, and provides much more power.

Win - win, holy crap!

...now im waiting for a the world to end,

-Emerson

GOLD vs CRUDE OIL

Today the gold to oil ratio is 8:1.

Our society is in this mess because because we value everything by money. This only plays on human greed. Unfortunately we've lost sight of other more important values like sustainability, and doing more with less.

People are starving in the 3rd world, but not because we're eating meat. Unless we send food aid as bags of grain guarded and distributed by our own troops, it will be hijacked onto the black market by the 'leaders' of those countries. People are poor and starving because 95% of their country's wealth is held by 5% of the population, and the rest starve.

x2 on that point M john G the poor are suffering and or troops are forced to fight george's WAr over the oil pipeline in afganistan leading to russia. IMO why else would you go there if you couldn't gain some control or power there.:confused:

$1.249 can. per ltr. btw :(

There is an interesting article about the world diesel/gas economics in one of the latest Economists. HERE it is, seems like a legit stand point.

Calgary, AB $1.25 L

On average about $4.10/USgallon in ElSalvador, about $4 US/gallon in Guatemala and about $3.50/USgallon in Honduras and about $2.00/USgallon in Mexico.
The odd part is that in Guatemala diesel and gas are almost the same price (until recently diesel was 10% less), in ElSalvador diesel is about 10% more and in Honduras and Mexico it's 10% less?!?

I just paid $1.31 a litre in Toronto. on the bright side I drove 308Kms and only had to put in 30L! although everyone is flying by me while I do 95km/h on the highway :) but $40 for 30 litres kinda of sucks!

I paid $4.29/gallon here in Maine today. The attendant said prices would be going up tomorrow when the owners arrived.

I'm picking up another 60 gals of B100 on Thursday. Price should be around $2.75/gal.

$1.249/litre in Toronto this afternoon. :crybaby:

Almaty Kazakhstan $1.36 US/gal

Is that so?
A year and a half ago (august 2006) the lowest I payed in Kazakhstan was in Urals'k. That was 29 eurocent/liter.
That's about 1,74 USD/gallon. So prices dropped over there !!!

Average was 33 Eurocents/liter

$123.9 per litre canadian ($1.22 USD)
or $4.68 cad per US gallon (3.78L) ($4.63 USD)
or $5.57 cad per canadian (4.5L) gallon ($5.51 USD)

in Thunder Bay, Ontario

at canadian tire gas pump, also get 5 cents per litre c-tire money which for any one that works on their vehicle is essentially real money so $1.189 per litre

our may long weekend is coming up, wouldnt be surprised to see it climb to $1.40 by then.

price of fuel really only effects my weekday activities, i work 3k from home so parked one vehicle at work, one at home. walk the dog to work and home now. which i could use the excersize anyways and they built a timmies along the way so i can get my coffee still. but my weekend trips camping or such wont be affected whatever the price hits. they pretty much know, whatever they charge, most of us will Shell out for. We're to reliant on vehicles to not pay. 'shakes fist in air'

Thumbs down to Biofuel Canada Ltd.

BOO to these guys.

A few months back I contacted Biofuel Canada Ltd. and was sent a pretty detailed questionnaire (supply/equip requirements, raw stock, price per litre at pump etc). I filled it out and sent it back promptly and waited and waited for response. Then finally gave up.

Just today after reading some new posts on this thread I looked up their phone number (not given on website) and talked to "the guy" that sent me the form. He says he wont give me prices on their equipment and then hangs up?! Now I am wondering if he is just using a glitzy website to collect raw data from across the country and using for his own marketing purposes. If so - what a fu%&^! pirate.

Sorry for rant/hijack.

Proceed with caution out there....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom