Local Diesel Prices (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is awful, considering your country is one of the premier european oil producers (or at least was a few years ago) :(

the price of our oil is the same as the price of the imported one... more profit for the companies... :(

but I have change my FJ62 3F (maybe I will convert it o 2H) with a HJ61 12H-T and I intend to run on home made whatever_will_give_a_spark ;)

I was noticing the other day how many domestic cars in my area have stickers that say "Out of a job yet? keep buying foreign".

If UAW could build a car that actually stayed together as long as my 'Cruiser I might consider it. I had an '89 Dodge Cummins that seemed like it was falling apart with LESS miles than the 'Cruiser and the Dodge had street miles, the 'Cruiser has a combination of street and off road. I'm not dissing the Cummins engine but the truck was crap.

Driving in to work today diesel was $4.39 a U.S. gallon (San Diego - North County).

Not sure I am imagining it or not but I think it has been going up 10 cents every couple weeks here.

Any truth to the rumour that diesel prices will actually drop in the summer?

Bob

Bob

I sure hope so! Otherwise I'll need to find a tanker trailer to bring some cheap Mexican diesel when I head north from Central America.

It might drop a few cents, don't expect much unless the US dollar makes some sort of miraculous improvement in value as compared with the world oil price in Euros for example.

It's not so much that fuel prices are rapidly rising, but rather that the US dollar is rapidly dropping in value.

For example, fuel prices in Canada have not increased nearly as much as fuel prices in the US.

Not out of a job yet? Keep buying cheap foreign crap at MalWart and that will change.

It might drop a few cents, don't expect much unless the US dollar makes some sort of miraculous improvement in value as compared with the world oil price in Euros for example.

It's not so much that fuel prices are rapidly rising, but rather that the US dollar is rapidly dropping in value.

For example, fuel prices in Canada have not increased nearly as much as fuel prices in the US.

Not out of a job yet? Keep buying cheap foreign crap at MalWart and that will change.

I thought ( based on my own opinion of the world situation ) that for the end of this year ( after the elections ) maybe the dolar start some little climb .. for the first 3 months of the 2009 the oil price maybe slow down the prices few cents .. and keep stable for the next year ..

Diesel: $1.31 CDN/litre at Shell on Van Isle; about $118 to fill my Landcruiser HJ60. That gets me about 600kms mixed city/highway driving.

Gas: $1.21 CDN/litre at the same Shell. About $77 to fill my Vitara 4x4. That gets me about 600kms mixed city/highway driving.

The numbers are getting harder to ignore.

It'll come down for the summer - at least in Canada - when people decide not to drive so far this year for vacations or just to stay home. Its supply and demand plus the fact that we have elections very possible in Canada. For some wierd reason, fuel prices always seem to be lower before an election here.

Diesel prices

I saw $4.26 for diesel in central Oregon. I wouldn't bet on prices going down. There are rumors that oil companies and American automotive companies want diesel prices to continue to rise to discourage individuals from buying the new diesel vehicles that will be available at the end of this year once all of the US is on low sulfur diesel. American automotive companies can't produce a vehicle that can compete with the diesel cars in Europe and the oil companies don't want people driving cars that get over 40 mpg--and the government like the kickbacks they get from both sides. So as long as our government keep getting their pockets filled by the corporations expect diesel prices to only rise. And to think diesel is cheaper to make than regular unleaded gas!

$5.04/ US Gallon here on Central Vancouver Island.
Just got back from a trip to Washington and paid 4.15 - 4.29/gallon.
Actually got a tank at 2.29/Gallon - sign said 4.29 and pump said 2.29. And I wasn't telling anybody as I the gas companys are gouging us and wanted as many people to get a deal as possible. Took my receipt and drove away before there was any squealing from the attendant.

Canuks are getting screwed at the pumps. The average US price for gasoline is $0.91/litre, average Cdn price is $1.185 a litre.

This Canuck doesn't mind paying a little more at the pump:

1 - Smaller population, larger country, higher road maintenance costs

2 - NAFTA requires Canadian-sourced fuel to be sold to US consumers at the same pre-tax price as Canadians

3 - Different tax structures: fuel taxes in Canada go into general govt revenue and help pay for things like Medicare

$4.37 medford, jacksonville hwy. parked the 2008 diesel that gets 11mpg :bang::bang::bang: to drive 86 astro van. bull****.

$4.37 medford oregon, jacksonville hwy. parked the 2008 diesel that gets 11mpg :bang::bang::bang: to drive 86 astro van. bull****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom