Local Diesel Prices (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

125 Yen / L in Okinawa.
1 gallon US$4.70

$1.27 a liter in victoria today.... hate to see it when summer hits....

Don't worry. By summer that old supply and demand thing should kick in and their will be a glut of diesel. In North America, outside of the South and West Coast, it is still winter and so the demand for home heating oil is still high. It'll be a lot cheaper in the summer - well, at least compared to gasoline prices.

$1.27 in Burns Lake on Sat. I consider this one of the cheapest places to buy diesel in Northern BC. But not anymore!!!!

Diesel prices

I have seen diesel in CO @ $4.09USD/ gallon. Looks like it will be going up again too.

Here is a website for a complete system for making your own Biodiesel:

Buy Biodiesel Processors and Kits - Best Biodiesel Fuel Processors!

Their website is very informative, tells all about how to make it as well as fuel cost savings over %50+ compared to the pump!

Ross

$1.22 CAN in ingersoll, west of the greater toronto area, that is nuckin futs!! i thought we were supposed to be getting a deal driving diesels!

...maybe the outcomes of the US elections will change this?

...maybe the outcomes of the US elections will change this?

I don't think so .. I thought the petroleum barrel never go back behind the 100 USD/barrel line ..

North Americans just have to get used to world prices for petro.

We were paying the consumer price. And taxed at that.

What Europe and GB were paying was just excessive tax. Look at prices in Mexico and other nations that don't over tax the fuel. They were even cheaper than NA.

The price per barrel is the commodity price on the markets.

Only reason for it to get so high is fear, shortage and demand.

In NA didn't move all it's manufacturing to China we'd stop making em soo rich they can all buy cars :)

Most N.Americans can't connect the dots to understand how buying cheap Chinese crap from MalWart makes the price of fuel increase. The news-writers and news-speakers are keeping rather silent on this issue, so most of the public are blissfully unaware that they're shooting at their feet in a boat.

One solution is to do like Norway and nationalize the oil companies. Then a govt. can fix the price and drive the greedy speculators out of the market. The speculators did the same thing with real-estate, driving up prices till the mortgage bubble burst, and now the govt is running around shoving tax dollars into gaping holes so rich CEOs and their buddies don't loose their salaries and golden pensions. So now there's a bunch of empty houses nobody can afford to buy.

More importantly it's Rudolph Diesel's 150th birthday today.

Last edited:
I bought diesel in Tapachula, Chiapas, Mexico yesterday for 5.73 pesos/liter or about $2/gallon and the price doesn't change from station to station since it is all Pemex! Needless to say I filled the truck up AND I filled all my jerry cans (not legal to cross the border but they don't often check). Here in Guatemala we're at about $3.75/US gallon.

Does anyone have the dimensions and drawings of a long range tank for a '60 or a '55? A couple of fills in Mexico and you pay for the tank if the price keeps climbing!!

If Canada nationalized the fossile fuel and other energy and gave preference to the Canadian consumer, :hmm: I am sure the reaction of our good friends to the South would be swift to route out the Terrorists and Commies in Canada. :eek: If your read the NAFTA agreement, it was clearly written to ensure that Canada could not control and limit fuel in our national interests. We can not reduce supply to the US without reducing our domestic supply/consumption by the exact same amount (not proportionately). Furthermore, the government can not favor Canadian consumers by implementing a lower price for Canadian than we sell our energey for to the US. Mexico will soon find itself in the same state as Canada under NAFTA.

But as was said , the US consumption of oil will be small beans compared to China and India. That is where the real battle will be for the limited reserves. Perhaps in my lifetime we will loose the D for Diesel powered trucks but get the D for DC powered trucks. Imagine the torque you can get from a DC motor on each wheel. :cool: Say good-by to lockers.

I think Nafta doesn't hold any weight anymore. The USA bureaucrats pretty much do as they please on other issues, like wood etc.

Well the democrats are all talking about renegotiating NAFTA. This time Canada and Mexico can hold the upper hand since we have stores of energy that the US does not!

I say it's time to really go with the bio-diesel from otherwise useless bio-mass NOT food stuffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom