LLK 1st Annual Mardi Krawl April 4 - 7 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drew and I had a blast!!! A huge thank you to all of those involved in planning this event. You certainly exceeded all of my expectations. Thanks to all of the sponsors also. And to Jacque, Brian, Sean and Layton for some excellent spotting. And lastly thanks to all of those who "educated" Drew on the night runs. He had loads of fun!! This is certainly a fine organization we have.

Can't wait til next year!!

Hey! He choose to ride in the all girl interior. I was only a bystander on the rock rails. I am unaware of what may or may not have been taught to him in "night school".

NO REFUNDS!

"A couple of us then went run Abbies trail and Cane creak backwards compared to the morning/noon run, much better this way. :D It was majorly downhill.... I tried a couple rock ledges, but I guess I just can't clime a 3' ledge in the 62, I gave it a valiant attempt... Then later down the trail, a FJC and Hundy tried climbing some good hills, but just couldn't get past one point, so I said I'd try, not expecting to do any better. So I get past where they got stuck, because I had a different wheelbase, but further up, just couldn't get a bit on one rock,... So then next thing I know James comes up, and beats my mark, and get himself into a slight situation, but nothing that a quick winch from up top couldn’t fix, we really all thought he was gonna have it, but it ended up grabbing on his driver side, and sliding him over to where he was 3wheeling... His front passenger was about 5-6" off the ground. The pictures don't do it justice, because they were taken on a pretty good slope to begin with. We again used some of Shawn's tips and got him out"

Thanks to the "Krew" for helping me out of this!!! Most of the mess is cleaned up...but my driver’s seat has a permanent ridge down the center "from my but sucking foam" But Noah and I had a blast...Can't wait to do most of this again :)

Yeah. And they are working on a winch plate as we type.

Thanks Cody Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Forgot to make the announcement at MK13......the logo is going to change slightly, year to year: the rig in the center is going to change. After talking to Kathryn, she says it won't be that difficult to change the rig. So, we are going to do a lottery every year from our then current membership to see what rig will go on the logo. And the winner gets to keep the banner after the event. Once your rig is on the logo you don't get another try in the lottery unless we have gone through every member once. LOL. So, when we get a bit closer to MK14, we will pull a name.

It'll look great hanging in your garage too!! thanks again mike. that was a nice unexpected surprise for the end of the trip.

As much as I want my rig on a banner asap, I actually think the original members should be the lottery first. Just a big think you to them. Think you called them charter members.

As much as I like that idea Lee, that would mean, provided all the Charter Members stay as members, the rest of the club would have to wait 19 more years before being considered. The BOD is having a meeting on Fri so we will discuss it.

Without the Charter Members and BOD I don't think we could be the group we are today. Thanks to yal we put on a event in a year of being formed. That's from all of the beginning members dedication. Just food for thought.

We still have a few MK13 shirts left over. Anybody want one? $15 each. We have:

Med - 5
Large - 4
XL - 1

I'll take one, I need to get in touch with you about paying dues before my TLCA expired this month too

Don't know how to edit from the app. Meant to say I'll take a large

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom