LLK 1st Annual Mardi Krawl April 4 - 7 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bang Bang

Age is a state of mind.
Threads
Website
www.lalandkrewesers.com
officiallogo.jpg

That's right Krewe!! Our 1st Annual Mardi Krawl event
is going to happen April 4 - 7 at
Hawk Pride ORV.

If you haven't seen the thread, 4 members (Kevin, Erick, Matt and Cody) went to Hawk Pride last weekend and despite the inclement weather had a good time and nothing but good things to say about the park and the owner. I spoke with Mark, the owner, today and he is very excited about the possibilities of us holding an annual event at his park. He said he is in the process of making improvements and is adding new trails. Deryl, Jonas and Jason will be spearheading putting this event together. Any ideas can be funneled through them. Keep in mind that this year's event is obviously short notice so we will not be attempting to go full blown event on this one. There may or may not be a small raffle. Instead of buying tickets we may be making a donation to a charity. It may not be catered, and there may not be a registration fee (park fees will still apply and we are working on what that will be) but who knows. Our event committee is working on that stuff right now.

As we get more details, our event committee will be let us know what is going on. For now, mark it on your calendars and start begging for time off!! :clap::bounce2::clap:

EDIT: Apparently I was wrong about the not going full blown. This has kind of taken on a life of it's own.....

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!

Click here. The registration button is at the bottom of the page. Get it while it's hot.

And if you haven't heard about the raffle prizes, a couple of vendors have already stepped up.......

TRDParts4U ----------> ARB RD111 Air Locker

Pandora Adventures ------------> 2 trips to Cancun

Plus more from Expedition One, Rock Tactics, All-Pro, Southeast Overland, WabFab with more vendors committing every day!

This is gonna be a fun time guys and gals. Bring the family and have a Mardi Krawl weekend!!

Last edited:
That's right Krewe!! Our 1st Annual Mardi Krawl event
is going to happen April 4 - 7 at
Hawk Pride ORV.

If you haven't seen the thread, 4 members (Kevin, Erick, Matt and Cody) went to Hawk Pride last weekend and despite the inclement weather had a good time and nothing but good things to say about the park and the owner. I spoke with Mark, the owner, today and he is very excited about the possibilities of us holding an annual event at his park. He said he is in the process of making improvements and is adding new trails. Deryl, Jonas and Jason will be spearheading putting this event together. Any ideas can be funneled through them. Keep in mind that this year's event is obviously short notice so we will not be attempting to go full blown event on this one. There may or may not be a small raffle. Instead of buying tickets we may be making a donation to a charity. It won't be catered, there won't be a registration fee (park fees will still apply and we are working on what that will be).

As we get more details, our event committee will be let us know what is going on. For now, mark it on your calendars and start begging for time off!! :clap::bounce2::clap:

Dayum :crybaby: Am pretty that there is an election that weekend and I work it :ban:

Should be a good time! Looking forward to the moonshine runs.

Dayum :crybaby: Am pretty that there is an election that weekend and I work it :ban:

I hope it isn't Ms. Jean. We started in late Feb and due to one issue or another it has been moved to the first weekend in April. As Erick and Deryl have said, it will undoubtedly be a good time. We hope to have a pretty good turn out this year and will grow this into a SCC or Jambo type event in the coming years. :idea:

What will we need to do at the event Mike? I can't say I've paid attention when I've attended one. I'm always too excited to notice what their doing.

I hope it isn't Ms. Jean. We started in late Feb and due to one issue or another it has been moved to the first weekend in April. As Erick and Deryl have said, it will undoubtedly be a good time. We hope to have a pretty good turn out this year and will grow this into a SCC or Jambo type event in the coming years. :idea:

I am just one so April seems like a good time. You will just have to have fun without me :frown:

There is an election April 6th..a small one but have to be there regardless. On a good note the polls will open an hour later :)

What will we need to do at the event Mike? I can't say I've paid attention when I've attended one. I'm always too excited to notice what their doing.

Day 1: Wheel, drink, have a good time (not necessarily in that order).
Day 2: Repeat day 1
Day 3: Repeat day 2 (or day 1 depending on which one was better for you) and participate in a make shift parade.
Day 4: Go home.

:grinpimp:

I am just one so April seems like a good time. You will just have to have fun without me :frown:

There is an election April 6th..a small one but have to be there regardless. On a good note the polls will open an hour later :)

Well, if it's cold we won't know how to get a raging, burn-the-place-down, hell-will-be-jealous fire going!! :eek:

Gotcha, I was just wondering if we would need to be responsible at all and get anything done.

Fire... Kevin and I got it. We managed to make fire with paper that wouldn't burn, no worries ;)

im pretty damn excited about this, to say the least. lets work on getting a good turnout. we have 50+ members i would like to see at least a 30 deep convoy!!

That would be a great thing to see, Jason. We will also be inviting Bayou State, CottonLand and some of the clubs that are local to the area. I told Mark that we would probably have around 30 rigs total. But I would love to see 50+ in the first year. I am just waiting for some info from Mark before we put the invite out to the other clubs.

just tell em free gas !

just don`t say what kind:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom