Builds Limited V8 4Runner "Build" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

purty

Looks like either tomorrow or Thursday the lift and tires will be going on. That will give me about a week to drive the truck some before the ACC ride. :cool:

Stuff is going on today. Before measurements: FR 33" RR 36" (Stink bug!!!)

image.jpg
image.jpg

Diff drop is in.

IMG_1923.JPG

We were just debating on what to do with the X-REAS. As you may or may not know, you can't bleed the system or add fluid. So, we basically have to take the shocks off the front and try to not lose any fluid...

The real problem is that the lines attach at the BOTTOM of the shocks on the front:

IMG_1924.JPG

Well, in addition to the line being on the bottom, it's also pressurized...

Hmm.. Well after reading a bunch of stuff on TIS and the interwebs it looks like people are saying that you should install the spacers with the lines still attached. Which I don't really see how you can compress the spring that way. Anyway, hopefully it didn't lose enough fluid to be a problem. Worst case scenario I guess I'll have to do this all over again and put some Ironman stuff on!!! :confused:

Edit: This truck has had the rear shocks replaced already (done before we bought it) and it seems to be fine. Maybe there was a little extra fluid in there anyway.

About the only way to compress it on the truck is with a pair of those spring compresser that you bolt on each side. I'm sure you guys have a fancy strut compresser in the shop, so probably not an option.

Besides that it sounds kinda dangerous. So if they have to fix part of the system, how do they do it? What is the factory procedure?

About the only way to compress it on the truck is with a pair of those spring compresser that you bolt on each side. I'm sure you guys have a fancy strut compresser in the shop, so probably not an option.

Besides that it sounds kinda dangerous. So if they have to fix part of the system, how do they do it? What is the factory procedure?

It's really vague. The textbook answer is that if you have to replace the RF (for example) you would replace the center reservoir, and the LR as a set. BUT, it says in the TIS instructions that you can replace individual components so... I don't know. Gonna drive it for now and see how it does.

Scrubs like crazy on the front of the fender liners. Gonna need to fix that. Also seems like it's hitting the mud flaps which I was going to take off anyway. So no big deal.

Looks very nice. I like it. My neighbor has a V8 Runner and I have driven it. I really like them.

Pretty cool. What does it sound like with those new tires? How does the handling compare to stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom