Lifting a 55... (1 Viewer)

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet

I snooped around a bit but did not find what I was looking for. I apologize in advance if this has been covered:

If a person wanted to run 33x12.50x15 tires on 8 inch wheels how much would one need to lift it? I do not want to go spring-over and I do not want to cut anything. This would need to be easily reversable as it is intended for an otherwise puff pig and I :whoops: In mean one would not want to permanantly modify it. That is if one had said pig..... :)

D-

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
s-Moderator
Supporting Vendor

Custom springs.... 3.0" lift with spring and shackle, and you would be fine.

Why does Patton scratch every 10 seconds? :)

you didnt specify but if its a puff pig and not going to stuff a tire you would be fine with almost no lift and only a minor rub on the lower most edge of front backside fenders. rim offset will also play a role.

nuclearlemon

not an addict

i'd go a couple of inches to be safe, but i agree that it would probably fit fine without if it was skinny enough.

btw, patton only scratched once in about 30 seconds for me.

You could get a shackle lift quick easy reversable get 1-2" depending what kind you get that should clear you alright. I have 31" with shackle lift and they look tiny.

surfpig

The Anti-Tech

I have 33 x 9.5s on 1-2 inch lift. If I get off my ass anytime soon I'll have my new 2 inch lift Belton springs front and back. Right now i have the back ones installed, downright stiff empty, nice and cushy loaded down. Should be nice when I get the fronts installed, once I get the garage cleared of houseparts...its kinda down on the to-do list right now, lots going on...

33s seems to be the perfect size for a pig, i think.

I keep thinking I am going to stay as stock as possible with this current pig... but im getting the itch again.... i have always ran 33's... love em... but now i think i am going to try 35's... maybe... well see in about a year.

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet

Thank you all kindly. The plan would be three inches then, with stock-center-wheels, with stock backspace, widened to 8 inches, painted the correct gray color and sporting stock caps.

Poser said:
Why does Patton scratch every 10 seconds? :)
Every 15 actually...... ;)

Because he can..... :D

tucker74

IMO 3"- 4" would be what you want Dan - custom Alcan's with a nice cushy ride SUA so you don't have to mess w/ the steering. Did you finally pick up that local Pig you've been lusting over? '78 IIRC?

:cheers:

Tucker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom