Lexus service history webpage doesn't recognize LX vins? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried to register the vehicle on Lexus website's service history app on their website, however when it asks me to enter VIN # for my 98 LX470 it says not a valid VIN for Lexus. Same thing happens on the Toyota Service History app. Has anyone figured out how to register their vehicle for service history ?

Yes, make sure you're entering the correct number. I've checked countless Lexus vehicles on that website an sometimes run into problems but it's always because I've entered the vin incorrectly.

The site works fine, you are entering the VIN incorrectly.

First look at your VIN. There should be 17 figures (alpha numeric), if there are less or more, it is incorrect.

Then be certain you are not entering the Alpha figure "O" for a numeric figure ZERO or vice/versa.

IF you don't have a picture of the door tag (with the VIN on it) and are relying on someone else's information (TYPO) then that could be the problem. IF you DO have the correct VIN available to you, then its operator error.

I called the lexus phone number on that website they said the driver web app only works with Lexus years 2013 and later so they're confused why other people have gotten it to work with older years, when I told them forum members say it works for their older model vehicles. Are you guys aware of a different service history web app?

That lexus rep must be smoking something because I have 3 vehicles registered on mine, all way before 2013. Though the site is messing up hardcore for me today. I just tried logging in and it didn't recognize my username or password, then when I tried to reset my password it spammed my email with literally 32 reset your password links, none of which worked.

Don't worry about it too much, if you really care the local dealership can probably pull service records for you, if not, just try the site again in a day or two.

Went to log in and the Lexus Drivers page is not currently available, so something wonky going on there.

But I can assure you (unless they have changed things) vehicles BEFORE 2013 will be accepted and the records produced. I have two vehicles registered there and have used the services many times.

Edit: Site working now. Had to update my account, but ran the VIN on my 99 LX470 and did a service history search. Worked fine.

Last edited:
I was just able to add your VIN through their web app and then through their native app. Your VIN has no Os (letter) in it. They are all 0s (numbers.).

The Lexus phone support must be referring to the Enform Remote app. It only works 2013 and later vehicles, so earlier years result in an error when you try to add them to the app.

Thanks, I tried it again this morning with your instructions same thing :( No idea what the issue is on my side but it's ok I'll just go to the dealer to ask for a printed copy .

Just checked mine whats interesting is that service records from Toyota are now appearing my wife just had the first oil change performed since our ownership done at Toyota and it shows in the history however no other Toyota records are in the system.

For future reference, I had the same issues with entering my VIN in to the Lexus owners web page. I could not get the VIN to register as a recognized VIN. No matter how I typed the O or 0, or any other numbers and letters. The issue was resolved when I went back in to my profile and completed all the requested information. Once I entered my address and other data, the VIN registered as a good VIN, and I got all my service records back to 1997. HTH someone else.

I was searching for a new vehicle and had the same problems. You have to complete all your profile info before submitting a VIN as your vehicle. Once I added all my info in the profile it worked fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom