Lexus Service History - Online Data Changes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.ralphmawyerphotography.com
It looks like Lexus may be limiting the info we've been able to get on vehicles being considered for purchase.

I know on the LX-570 I own I can no longer see the service history prior to ownership. When I queried Lexus they said they now only show current owner history, due to 'privacy issues'. I called them out on that rationale, but it obviously didn't change anything.

Interestingly enough, I looked up another VIN for a friend that was shopping. It showed up with the history from 2009 to 2013, but nothing after that. It's currently a CPO vehicle at the dealer.

Anyway, if others are having the same experience, I'd like to know.

It really reduces the value of owner's site, since the only alternative is the thin Carfax report.

All that said, if you have a good relationship with a Lexus Service Advisor he can bring up the full dealer history for any VIN.

I just looked at my LX and you're right, all the prior history is gone. What a bunch of bull, I'm going to contact Lexus as well.

Is this also applicable to the Toyota version of this? I know their website was down for weeks and my account was all messed up. They kept telling me they were upgrading the platform so we would have a better experience. This doesn't sound better...

That's what drives me crazy. Carfax is slow to report some stuff.

My Lexus GS gets its oil changed every 5k and whatever is required at the other service intervals. I've had it about 2 years (got it new) and only one oil change shows up. Makes me look like a careless owner if I had to quickly sell it.

And almost EVERY private listing says "All records" :rolleyes:

All records means insurance and registration these days haha

odd, just logged in and can see all my records for both of ours going back to new.

I just checked....still working.

Nothing showing for my 470 or 570.

I just added an '08 Cruiser, no problem seeing all the records. It's kinda confusing, but what you have to do is click the dropdown menu at the top of the screen where your existing vehicle shows up. Click over in the "Choose a vehicle" section, add the model and year, then when you click Go, it will prompt you for the VIN. Enter the VIN and the vehicle is in your list, you can view the service history.

I'm also not having any trouble adding VINs for Lexus trucks into the owners.lexus.com system. This is an extremely useful tool when evaluating a car/truck to buy. I use both this and the CarFax report.

[/QUOTE]I'm also not having any trouble adding VINs for Lexus trucks into the owners.lexus.com system. This is an extremely useful tool when evaluating a car/truck to buy. I use both this and the CarFax report.[/QUOTE]

No issue with adding vehicles to Lexus site, it's the suppression of portions of the service history, which is what has changed...

Well I just randomly found an '09 GX470 on cars.com, added the VIN to my owners.lexus.com account, and can see the entire history from mile 8 to present.

I wonder if it suppresses info when someone prior to you has already entered that same VIN in the past...?

Another way of asking... -Can more than one person register the same VIN?

Last edited:
That's what was so weird. You can add any VIN and I don't think they validate title, but it's not consistent in what's displayed now.

Just follow the directions as stated above ;) ....Works for me every time.

Just follow the directions as stated above ;) ....Works for me every time.

I think it was actually a database problem. I posted up previously that none of my vehicles had their history showing and they used to. I logged in today, had a banner that the site was going through maintenance and sure enough my history popped right up. I think they may have been rebuilding the database and some records were unavailable at times. I was 2 for 2 with vehicles already registered on the site that did not pull up last time. I saved as a PDF just to be sure though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom