Lexus GXOR Concept (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Think we beat this one to death! :deadhorse:

Agree or not GX is a heavier 4Runner/Prado. If you worried about reliability why have electronic motor actuated locker? Drop a 300 dollar auto locker in and it will never fail! Who wheels these things plain stock anyways? If I really want to wheel mine I will install an Eaton locker regardless, personally I will never buy a TRD trail or Pro because I will eventually replace every over priced, half a$$ upgrades anyways so might as well get her done right and save some money.

Eaton lockers, even on the LC the electric lockers have tons of problems
Total chaos long arm suspension, Pro only has a mini lift with 5 inches of wheel travel, why bother!
King’s 2.5 resi with bypass, stock Pro shocks are Basically 120 dollar fox.

With all the extra money spent on the TRD Pro I could of gotten top shelf stuff with night and day better performance! Plus a lot of dealers charge extra on top Of Pro MSRP, over 10k I heard.

I’m sorry but the Pros are for people don’t really off-road and get ripped off!

I agree the GX and 4runner are on the same platform. I just wouldn't choose the GX as my off-road machine.

There are mechanical conversions for the Elocker if I ever decided to ditch the electric motor.

I also think the TRD Pro is half baked when Toyota could have done more but it still better out of the box off-road then the GX. And with the same accessories would most likely cost less then the GXOR, while being better for off-road. Why continue to argue about that?

Show me how you can get'er done right and save money on a modified GX over a modified TRD Off-road new or used, without paying that money back to the repair shop or normal deprecation.

Not sure what you would replace on the Trail/TRD Off-road that half a$$ for the price compared to the GX?

You are making my point! I commented on this thread to say the GXOR concept isn't really a "concept" and is still not reaching what the platform is capable of. Lexus could have added lockers to it and didn't. Also a factory long arm kit would have put it at near raptor level. All the parts on it are aftermarket thus making them a reality not a "concept".

Sorry, but some people choose to get ripped off nobody if forcing them to buy a TRD Pro at or above MSRP.

I encourage you to enjoy your GX (if you have one?) and modify it till your heart is content. It's just not what I would choose...

Think we beat this one to death! :deadhorse:

Agree or not GX is a heavier 4Runner/Prado. If you worried about reliability why have electronic motor actuated locker? Drop a 300 dollar auto locker in and it will never fail! Who wheels these things plain stock anyways? If I really want to wheel mine I will install an Eaton locker regardless, personally I will never buy a TRD trail or Pro because I will eventually replace every over priced, half a$$ upgrades anyways so might as well get her done right and save some money.

Eaton lockers, even on the LC the electric lockers have tons of problems
Total chaos long arm suspension, Pro only has a mini lift with 5 inches of wheel travel, why bother!
King’s 2.5 resi with bypass, stock Pro shocks are Basically 120 dollar fox.

With all the extra money spent on the TRD Pro I could of gotten top shelf stuff with night and day better performance! Plus a lot of dealers charge extra on top Of Pro MSRP, over 10k I heard.

I’m sorry but the Pros are for people don’t really off-road and get ripped off!

I have to call BS on your biased assumption. I have owned seven Jeeps, two of which were on 40's and the rest were on 35's or larger, and now I am on my seventh Toyota and that doesn't include the four Lexus products I owned/own as well. We have a Pro because we preferred the aesthetics and the lack of a sunroof since we planned to put a full length flat rack on it. We wanted the upgraded seats, rear locker and MTS and the only way to get all of that was with a base TRD OR and add leather after the purchase or buy a Pro. My Pro is a year old and has 25K miles on it and it still books for $1500 less than what I paid for it last year and I got mine for $1000 under sticker (only fools pay sticker or over for these things). No TRD OR/Trail, SR5, or Limited will hold value like that and that was reason enough alone to buy one (and we know because we've owned and sold a SR5 Premium 4x4 and a Limited 4x4). To say that I don't off-road, don't know how to off-road and that I got ripped off for buying a Pro is laughable and ludicrous and it makes you look the same.

Do you think that having a GX460 or Land Cruiser makes one instantly a more capable or reputable off-roader? These kind of comments are ridiculous and the reason why a lot of people view owners of said vehicles as pompous and arrogant. The misses currently drives a $90K 2019 LX570 on 33's, does that purchase somehow validate her off-road intentions and capabilities when 99% of the time she slabs it to work and back? We've owned an 80-Series LC in the past and short of preferring the front live axle it did nothing more off-road than any of my FJC's, 4Runners or Tacomas could do yet everyone considers them the pinnacle of the true off-road Toyota's here in the states.

At their core a 4Runner and GX460 are very very similar, no one is arguing that, but the 4Runner is simpler in its systems (infotainment, climate, seats, head lights, suspension, etc.) and therefor more appealing to those who prefer to keep it simple. And I would take the factory rear electric locker over an aftermarket any day, besides all of that stuff is only as good as the guy who installs it.

back on topic, hopefully CBI does a run of these bumpers for the general public. Hopefully that will drive other companies to come up with something for the 14+ front end:

lexus-gxor-concept-114-1563469224.jpg

lexus-gxor-concept-115-1563469224.jpg

1564611483912.png

Talk to Luke at 4x4labs.com he's a cruiser guy and I'm sure he could come up with something edgy that also gives better approach angles to the GX.

I have to call BS on your biased assumption. I have owned seven Jeeps, two of which were on 40's and the rest were on 35's or larger, and now I am on my seventh Toyota and that doesn't include the four Lexus products I owned/own as well. We have a Pro because we preferred the aesthetics and the lack of a sunroof since we planned to put a full length flat rack on it. We wanted the upgraded seats, rear locker and MTS and the only way to get all of that was with a base TRD OR and add leather after the purchase or buy a Pro. My Pro is a year old and has 25K miles on it and it still books for $1500 less than what I paid for it last year and I got mine for $1000 under sticker (only fools pay sticker or over for these things). No TRD OR/Trail, SR5, or Limited will hold value like that and that was reason enough alone to buy one (and we know because we've owned and sold a SR5 Premium 4x4 and a Limited 4x4). To say that I don't off-road, don't know how to off-road and that I got ripped off for buying a Pro is laughable and ludicrous and it makes you look the same.

Do you think that having a GX460 or Land Cruiser makes one instantly a more capable or reputable off-roader? These kind of comments are ridiculous and the reason why a lot of people view owners of said vehicles as pompous and arrogant. The misses currently drives a $90K 2019 LX570 on 33's, does that purchase somehow validate her off-road intentions and capabilities when 99% of the time she slabs it to work and back? We've owned an 80-Series LC in the past and short of preferring the front live axle it did nothing more off-road than any of my FJC's, 4Runners or Tacomas could do yet everyone considers them the pinnacle of the true off-road Toyota's here in the states.

At their core a 4Runner and GX460 are very very similar, no one is arguing that, but the 4Runner is simpler in its systems (infotainment, climate, seats, head lights, suspension, etc.) and therefor more appealing to those who prefer to keep it simple. And I would take the factory rear electric locker over an aftermarket any day, besides all of that stuff is only as good as the guy who installs it.

Good for you that you got the Pro under the sticker but out here In Cali that’s not possible or at least was. So you bought the Pro for the seats and no sunroof? To each their own but not my kind of value. I was quoted 55k for a Pro and that supposed to be a deal(heard people paid well over 60k) where I can get a basic 4X4 4runner for 35k or lower. Seats can be added and stereos and other all can be added for cheaper and better. 15-20K get my list of upgrades with some negotiations and elbow grease. We can agree to disagree but Eaton lockers are night and day better and stronger! Just try it when you get a chance.

We probably won’t see eye to eye on this but yes, if you wheel relatively mild trails and lower speed stuff the Pro is sufficient. Mild as in forest/dirt roads with a few obstacles that are relatively easy to walk/step over with 2 points of contact, slower speed asnin 30MPH or lower on relatively smooth road.

But if I were to wheel these things more seriously(Jeep trails and high speed desert runs) I would start with the most basic 4x4 runner and build it right, Difference is night and day.

Examples1: Eaton engagement is instant with no delay, no waiting the right teeth to catch and basically unbreakable. Also while you are in there regear for bigger tires, again something you will need of going on more serious trails. 33s are quite small now and days, although the 150 will tap out at 35 for sure, axle can’t handle it. Also a low current 12V connection will engage it and very easy to fix couple of little wires.

Example 2: long arm suspension will get to around 10-11 inches of front wheel travel. Not big but passable on harder trails. Stock is like 5, even Subaru has that.

Example 3: kings 2.5 with bypass, one can safely roam around desert washboard hours on end at 50-60mph on dreaded washboards with babyheads or half buried water melons, try that on stock Pro suspension and you will want to upgrade quickly.

Different stroke for different people but if your push the 4Runner you will quickly find its limits. Since you have a 200 , even though it has IFS but it is still more capabilities then most of us have the balls, same with the older SAS LC.

OMG! Where is the link for that?????
Which are all here in downloadable format :beer:

ou have a link for even a prototype page. Maybe I can entice Luke at 4x4 off-road to make something similar.
I was hoping with all the hype around it, they would consider something. At this point I'm starting to think they won't. I love the idea of a small bumper like this. I've already scraped my front enough that a little extra protection would be nice and something a little smaller looks great.

Reach out to CBI and add you’re name to the list of interested customers - I anticipate them doing a limited run.

I’ve also traded messages with SSO - I think there are plenty of us that would like an OEM+ type of alternative.

The more that reach out, the better our chances.

Reach out to CBI and add you’re name to the list of interested customers - I anticipate them doing a limited run.

I’ve also traded messages with SSO - I think there are plenty of us that would like an OEM+ type of alternative.

The more that reach out, the better our chances.
I sent them an email when it first came out. So just very impatiently waiting. haha

I sent them an email when it first came out. So just very impatiently waiting. haha

You and me both! Exactly why I reached out to SSO. Fingers crossed something happens soon. I am optimistic as the 150 platform becomes more affordable.

I just emailed them and got some good news:

"Yes we are planning to make this product available.

We are currently making a list of interested customers.

If you would like to be added to this list so we can notify you when we are ready to start building them.

Please give us your phone number, address, year of GX and full name.

Please let us know if you have any other questions."

A little confused why they would want to know "year of GX"?
Will they mod the GX you have? The option of a brand new GX as either a 2019 or 2020?

I’m guessing they’re considering doing a non spindle grille (pre 14) also.......might be a stretch, but only reason I can see them asking. I’m throwing my hat in the ring for the grille as well, love the cleaner looks and I don’t need a full on bumper. I can see these selling well. I’m sending them an email today.
A little confused why they would want to know "year of GX"?
Will they mod the GX you have? The option of a brand new GX as either a 2019 or 2020?

I just emailed them and got some good news:

"Yes we are planning to make this product available.

We are currently making a list of interested customers.

If you would like to be added to this list so we can notify you when we are ready to start building them.

Please give us your phone number, address, year of GX and full name.

Please let us know if you have any other questions."

I just emailed CBI today and put my name on the list. They responded that they will let me know when they start offering GXOR products. Hopefully soon!

I just emailed CBI today and put my name on the list. They responded that they will let me know when they start offering GXOR products. Hopefully soon!

I also reached out to CBI to add me to the list.

I reached out to coastal offroad about building a front bumper for us. I like their 470 front bumper. They said they are going to possibly work with a local 460 owner soon.

I also reached out to CBI to add me to the list.

I reached out to coastal offroad about building a front bumper for us. I like their 470 front bumper. They said they are going to possibly work with a local 460 owner soon.
Pic of said 470 unit?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom