Lexus GXOR Concept (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The only thing I worry about is that I've read lately of some quality issues with CBI offroad, in particular the prinsu products having dramatically declined in quality since the acquisition.

I emailed them and added myself to the list.

What is the Lexus GXOR email?

I contacted them via their main contact form and stated that I would like to be added to the list for the GXOR hybrid bumper. They replied asking me for more details about my contact info and the year of the vehicle and said that they would reach out when they plan to launch the GXOR products.

They told me today that they are shooting for launch in the spring.

Good for you that you got the Pro under the sticker but out here In Cali that’s not possible or at least was. So you bought the Pro for the seats and no sunroof? To each their own but not my kind of value. I was quoted 55k for a Pro and that supposed to be a deal(heard people paid well over 60k) where I can get a basic 4X4 4runner for 35k or lower. Seats can be added and stereos and other all can be added for cheaper and better. 15-20K get my list of upgrades with some negotiations and elbow grease. We can agree to disagree but Eaton lockers are night and day better and stronger! Just try it when you get a chance.

We probably won’t see eye to eye on this but yes, if you wheel relatively mild trails and lower speed stuff the Pro is sufficient. Mild as in forest/dirt roads with a few obstacles that are relatively easy to walk/step over with 2 points of contact, slower speed asnin 30MPH or lower on relatively smooth road.

But if I were to wheel these things more seriously(Jeep trails and high speed desert runs) I would start with the most basic 4x4 runner and build it right, Difference is night and day.

Examples1: Eaton engagement is instant with no delay, no waiting the right teeth to catch and basically unbreakable. Also while you are in there regear for bigger tires, again something you will need of going on more serious trails. 33s are quite small now and days, although the 150 will tap out at 35 for sure, axle can’t handle it. Also a low current 12V connection will engage it and very easy to fix couple of little wires.

Example 2: long arm suspension will get to around 10-11 inches of front wheel travel. Not big but passable on harder trails. Stock is like 5, even Subaru has that.

Example 3: kings 2.5 with bypass, one can safely roam around desert washboard hours on end at 50-60mph on dreaded washboards with babyheads or half buried water melons, try that on stock Pro suspension and you will want to upgrade quickly.

Different stroke for different people but if your push the 4Runner you will quickly find its limits. Since you have a 200 , even though it has IFS but it is still more capabilities then most of us have the balls, same with the older SAS LC.

So I was doing some research and I have to eat my own words a little. The total chaos Long Arm kit will put front wheel travel in the 15 inch range which is awesome BUT will need some fender modifications....which I’m not willing to do at 10,000 miles on my GX. The total chaos upper control arm will put the front wheel travel to around 11, not great but much better than stock and no cutting. I’m most likely going that route when it comes to front suspension upgrades which might be soon, I’m a little tired of the “choppy” ride the GX has over bumps.

Last edited:
Note that a choppy ride can also be attributed to shocks and/or springs, either too soft or too stiff.
It's kind of like the Goldilocks story trying to find that perfect fit.

Note that a choppy ride can also be attributed to shocks and/or springs, either too soft or too stiff.
It's kind of like the Goldilocks story trying to find that perfect fit.

Most likely stock shocks are a little too stiff? I’m a bit apprised that the stock ride is not very lexus like. The rear especially doesn’t absorb the bumps well on rough roads.

I've spent the last 20 years and 385,000 miles driving simple and basic, my 2000 Tacoma SR5 5 speed manual. No power windows, no cruise, no power locks, no power mirrors. I am looking forward to the luxury of the GX. The 5th gen 4 Runner and 460 are really the same short of the V8, 6 speed auto (which is really a double overdrive) and full time 4 wheel drive transfer case. The 4 Runner does have the rear locker, so what. You can ARB locker a GX front and rear if wanted, try sticking a V8 in a 5th gen 4 Runner.

I just spent the last two weeks in Namibia driving a 2017 79 series double cab Land Cruiser. Simple yes, 1 HZ, 5 speed, power windows and basic power locks. It actually drove well! But it was still basic. The ride was decent, seats were comfy, but it had the turning radius of an aircraft carrier. All the talk of wanting a basic simple truck is really just talk for most people.

The GX is a fancy 4 Runner without a locker.

Last edited:
Ahhh... To have the other series LC's here in the U.S.!

Got to see the concept in person (and on the move!) today at Expo East. Cool rig, with some nice touches. Also spent some time talking with Mark @ CBI about the bumper production. They're on test vehicle (fitment) #2 and will test one more vehicle before they move into production. Seems like it's definitely a reality.

I just received this email!

vAoeNXp.jpg

Hopefully this will become wildly popular and get them to make a stealth bumper for the 10-13 too, similar to the ones on the 4runners. I think those look very sleek

Oh my GOSH!!! I'm about to piddle my pants!!!
...Stop, my beating heart! Is it true?? Will we truly get an GXOR in the lower 48??
I may seriously think about selling my rig and getting one of these if it's not outrageously priced.
And I'm sure it'll have all the electronic goodies, e.g. crawl control, multi terrain, 360° camera, dynamic cruise control, etc.
Any word about lockers front and rear? I'm guessing probably a rear e-locker and open diff in front. But what the heck, it's not that hard to add a locker in the front!

Oh my GOSH!!! I'm about to piddle my pants!!!
...Stop, my beating heart! Is it true?? Will we truly get an GXOR in the lower 48??
I may seriously think about selling my rig and getting one of these if it's not outrageously priced.
And I'm sure it'll have all the electronic goodies, e.g. crawl control, multi terrain, 360° camera, dynamic cruise control, etc.
Any word about lockers front and rear? I'm guessing probably a rear e-locker and open diff in front. But what the heck, it's not that hard to add a locker in the front!

LOL, its in reference to the CBI parts, not an actual GXOR GX460.

Happy feeling gone...........................

Happy feeling gone...........................

Still not sure if you were being serious or sarcastic in your last post lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom