Let's see your DIY Body Paint Jobs !!!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for members that spray painted their Cruisers. Could be any Toyota Land Cruiser Model, Rattled can or spray gun with the paint name and color code if posible.

Thinking of painting my cruiser. Wanted to see what colors other members picked out, and the outcome.

Should be a interesting thread.....:steer::princess::cheers:

Thanks,
CRUISER TIME

Done in my garage with Rustoleum Universal Satin Black:

image_zps4cbeff20.jpg

Looks good.:clap: Also want to give you credit for your mod on the fender flare mounting bolts, i take it that you got tired of the clips and the hard to reach bolts,,,,,LOL :bang::bang::wrench:.

What bolts did you use and length ? Any chafting or peeling where the flares meet the paint on the body? Using the rattle can rusto paint, How does it take to outside weather and heat from the sun / engine? Just Curious,,, lol

CRUISER TIME

Regarding prep work, did you sand all the down to bare metal, or just scuff off the clear coat? did you use any grease and oil reomover cleaner? Primer?

CRUISER TIME

Scuffed the factory paint, and used primer where metal was exposed. Did one panel at a time wiping them down with TSP before paint. Paint has held up pretty well, except on the hood. But I think that's mostly because that was the hardest to get a good coat on since my arm isn't long enough standing on a stool.. Next time I paint it, I'm going to remove it to do so.

Flares were done bolt style, because I trimmed the fenders quite a bit, but wanted to keep the flares. If you compare it to a stock 80, you can see my flares are mounted much higher up on the body. I have since removed them. You can see all the info on how I modified them and mounted them in my build thread.

Tower Paint, automotive paint in large spray cans. The original paint codes. I don't have any pics from when it was shiny and just done but this is 4.5 years later.

Old Skool all the way,,,, very nice. . :D

CRUISER TIME

911D9125-orig.jpg

The land cruisers long lost cusion:grinpimp: Scuff with 400ish grit and shot a couple coats of rustoleum or krylon camo paint. It'll be redone with desert tan after It gets off jackstands.

I've always loved Olive Drab so naturally i sprayed my rig with it. Krylon Camoflage Ultra Flat Olive green spray paint.
823417_137359283098195_1390386180_o_zps06e73064.jpg

and then i skull camo'ed it using the rest of the flat colors
856404_136769783157145_12450812_o_zps164ccd16.jpg

This was a trial fit before i started on the metal work(the wheels are green now too)

How durable is the Hardnose? Prep? Is that Beige? Looks awesome!

The land cruisers long lost cusion:grinpimp: Scuff with 400ish grit and shot a couple coats of rustoleum or krylon camo paint. It'll be
redone with desert tan after It gets off jackstands.

Nice color,, was that just paint or did you add a clear coat? It sure has a nice glos to it. looks professional for rattle can work... nice job,,,:grinpimp:

I've always loved Olive Drab so naturally i sprayed my rig with it. Krylon Camoflage Ultra Flat Olive green spray paint.

and then i skull camo'ed it using the rest of the flat colors

This was a trial fit before i started on the metal work(the wheels are green now too)

Now that is different....lol very cool:D

Love the tires Seth!!! Chop the wheel wells!!! Makes me want some!!

My son's dune beige 92 with classic white top.

Painted in my garage with PPG base coat and clear. Inside doors, hood and jams were done. Colors were: dune beige and white top; satin clear black hood black out, mirrors and moldings; gloss clear black window trim; Rustoleum graphite cleared wheels, grill and rear bumper trim.

All painted, sanded and buffed out in 8 straight weekends with my son. Priceless.

photo (26).jpg

Nice color,, was that just paint or did you add a clear coat? It sure has a nice glos to it. looks professional for rattle can work... nice job,,,:grinpimp:

No gloss truck is as flat as it gets, it was just wet. It is far from professional, just got tired of the primer color it was before. Here's a dry pic, lil dirty.
index.php

If your trying to keep it somewhat clean I'd hit it with a coat of clear. My paint has stained over time and kinda faded. Also gas rips this stuff clean off, good thing it's easy to touch up.

Painted in my garage with PPG base coat and clear. Inside doors, hood and jams were done. Colors were: dune beige and white top; satin clear black hood black out, mirrors and moldings; gloss clear black window trim; Rustoleum graphite cleared wheels, grill and rear bumper trim.

All painted, sanded and buffed out in 8 straight weekends with my son. Priceless.

Love the cruiser and paint job!

I love the look of this Cruiser! Great job. Looks like you used proper paint gear and prep? I like the hood vents too!

Great work!

Looks great!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom