Let’s see those 200s camping…..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice. I love my Oz Tent. Assuming you carry on roof rack ?

I put it in the back for the long drive to and from home, but it goes on the roof rack night to night in the area. I love it as well, but it is bulky.
 
Snuck in at least one more camping trip before school starts again. The wife wanted the trailer in just the right spot and I ended up trapped in by trees. Luckily, the crawl-control turn assist got me out.
405A6074.webp

Getting there got things warmed up a bit when pulling over the pass:
IMG_2340.webp

We stumbled upon this young single-mother and her kid, visiting us each night after dinner.
405A6038.webp

It was not a bad place to sit and think about quitting my job.

IMG_2342.webp
 
Last edited:
Snuck in at least one more camping trip before school starts again. The wife wanted the trailer in just the right spot and I ended up trapped in by trees. Luckily, the crawl-control turn assist got me out.
View attachment 4200147
Getting there got things warmed up a bit when pulling over the pass:
View attachment 4200135
We stumbled upon this young single-mother and her kid, visiting us each night after dinner.
View attachment 4200144
It was not a bad place to sit and think about quitting my job.

View attachment 4200145
what's the dashboard setup?
 
That is OBD Fusion on Apple CarPlay through a BeatSonic interface into the OEM Lexus Infotainment. I just did a screengrab on my phone and it captures both my phone and CarPlay screens simultaneously.
what mode as you in on the OBD fusion that shows it in groups? that's pretty neat. I don't have carplay yet.
 
what mode as you in on the OBD fusion that shows it in groups? that's pretty neat. I don't have carplay yet.
In the iphone app, you have to have the model year package purchased (or the full lexus package) and installed. I forget how I did that years ago. Under Settings>Preferences>CarPlay>PIDS>Configure Screens you can add three different screens which each can have up to 10 PIDs. you can customize labels and icons for this but, unlike dashboards, you cannot have gauges where you can set normal ranges, etc. You just get numbers.

IMG_2360.webp
 
Just got back from my Montana trip to Glacier NP. Trying out my new inflatable 6-person tent!

_RX11602.webp


_RX11607.webp

Leftovers from a fun thunderbumper.

_RX11621.webp

Tried to catch the Blood Moon partial eclipse coming up over Parke Ridge. Had to hand hold the camera as I forgot my tripod.
 
My girlfriend and I went on a backpacking trip in the Badlands earlier this summer. Did a couple nights of dispersed camping in the Black Hills NF as well.
IMG_3471.webp

IMG_3446.webp

The Badlands themselves are gorgeous, but I would not recommend going in the high summer like we did.
IMG_2239.webp

IMG_3351.webp

Fools that we were, we didn't bring rock stakes for the tent, so we had to bivvy it on the last night. Never been more grateful for drought conditions, lol.
IMG_2553.webp
 
Those dark sky campsites are so rad and impossible to describe to anyone who hasn’t experienced it for themselves.

Killer shot!
Thanks. The degree of isolation you can feel out there is indescribable. It’s some strange combination of loneliness, freedom and vulnerability. I took my kids (7,9) and hiked to the fort bottom ruin which really amplified the experience.
 
Thanks. The degree of isolation you can feel out there is indescribable. It’s some strange combination of loneliness, freedom and vulnerability. I took my kids (7,9) and hiked to the fort bottom ruin which really amplified the experience.
I’ll have to look for that hike, we’ve not done it.

We’ve camped with our kids since they were 2 and 3 but their first trip to a big open dark sky was really transformative for them. It was December at Big Bend and we carried along our 8” CST which ended up being overkill. Just the naked eye and that dark sky was enough… you get the sensation of a spinning globe hurtling through space in a star filled sky like that.

This has me itching to camp..
 
Back
Top Bottom