"Legion" my 19+ year 1969 Fj55 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dang - don’t know how I missed this, here’s my first pig ... ‘73 also bought in Austin Tx off Craigslist for $500 in 2002. Sprung over with Scout PS of course 😉 I remember some of the same parts sources, sold a whole garage full of stuff none of us could afford now for nothing with it 😞

Tucker

525323CB-2A6E-44F5-A552-6F406F4B15C9.jpeg

Dang - don’t know how I missed this, here’s my first pig ... ‘73 also bought in Austin Tx off Craigslist for $500 in 2002. Sprung over with Scout PS of course 😉 I remember some of the same parts sources, sold a whole garage full of stuff none of us could afford now for nothing with it 😞

Tucker

View attachment 2594498
I found mine on www.sor.com in classified section for $1200. “Pigs on the Rubicon” got me convinced into doing the SOA, shackle reversal, scout PS, and axle swap. Wheeled vicariously thru Birfield, pirate4x4, and mud all these years so happy to finally start using mine.

You still have this Pig?

Unfortunately not, had several over the years ... you might recognize this gem which resides on my 40 courtesy of Henry (Exiled) :grinpimp: Earned via hours in the dirt on the trail of course ...

View attachment 2594616
Henry, Morgan Fletcher, Royal Rose, and Mark Whatley were real inspirational. Current builds and restorations keep pushing the envelope. Following ElectricGT and their bolt up electric power plants.

I managed to do frame off body restoration without a rotisserie. I made a bedframe like platform out of wood, added castors, and just rolled the body onto its side when working on the bottom. It worked but I was mostly doing paint removal not metal repair. I coated everything in POR15 then used the POR15 top coat primer. The paint I used was AkzoNobel Sikkens single stage. I have painted 3 cars in my life and that was over 20 year period of time so wouldn't consider myself an expert by any stretch but am happy with the results.

View attachment 2474506View attachment 2474511
View attachment 2474509View attachment 2474515
Enjoying a beer high as a kite on lacquer thinner.
Date on pictures for reference is 2003.
I just found your build. I have a 1969 piggy and was wondering what brand and color of white and green you used.
Toyota show a lily white and an Olympus white for 1969.

Awesome job!
I’ll be in Reno in November for work, if you got time, id like to check her out.

I just found your build. I have a 1969 piggy and was wondering what brand and color of white and green you used.
Toyota show a lily white and an Olympus white for 1969.

Awesome job!
I’ll be in Reno in November for work, if you got time, id like to check her out.
Let me know your Reno dates. I have some work travel coming up, would love to link up. I think the brand is AkzoNoble and I used Cygnus White and picked the green out of paint book. I still have the cans and will see if have any details.

Visited 4x4 Labs today and picked up FJ55 rear bumper kit. Great company to do business with and Luke is legend in the sty with his Sand Spider FJ55

E2C9303B-5E46-48C2-A763-68F0D621FEF3.jpeg

Visited 4x4 Labs today and picked up FJ55 rear bumper kit. Great company to do business with and Luke is legend in the sty with his Sand Spider FJ55

E9F9E8AF-D287-4D59-BB11-299A7A5EC3E7.jpeg

A5A42091-529A-4F92-9B0B-C6E53C135382.jpeg

Was trying to reverse plan for Pig Party 2022. First email said 20 weeks from order, then they reviewed email and said FJ55 rare model and had kit on shelf! Happy Valentines to me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom