Left front door handle part confusion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
monoclemonkey.com
TL;DR: Does anyone know if I can use (69220-60020-03) door handle on a 91 FJ80? Or why my special unicorn has a different exterior handle than every other FJ80 on the planet?

My driver door is making a noise and seems to pull on one side more than the other when opening the exterior handle. So, I got inside the interior and noticed the plastic is broken where the handle hinges.

I looked up using my VIN and ordered the part that came up:
HANDLE, OUTSIDE - TOYOTA (69220-60020-03)

I received a response that my VIN needed this part and it was discontinued:
HANDLE, OUTSIDE - TOYOTA (69220-60020-13)

Of course, they look the same on the crappy scanned drawing.

I had them cancel the order so I could check on here.

From what I read on that site and others, the 91-97 has the same handles ...or at least interchangeable.

Is this a case of a guy telling me what a computer told him to tell me?

Or does it make sense to any of you that there's a tiny subset of 91 80's that have a different exterior door handle / locking mechanism ...maybe more (maybe this will save me a trip on if that ever gives out)?

Do you have painted or chromed handles?
upload_2018-2-28_9-31-32.png

^^^ that’s what people want for a used drivers handle in the classifieds.

In Australia the standard one is 69220-60010 and there are no variants listed (but the GXL and VX 80's might get something different). It's chromed.

Right, a reverse search in Toyodiy shows that 69220-60020-03 is definitely only for the VX specification (ie the very top-end config) of 80's for the build year of mine (1992).

I don't know if the LX450's (being Lexus branded) were all considered the equivalent of Australia's 'VX' spec 80 series though it's possible.

If you want the chrome ones, they're all still available from Toyota or were last time I sourced two for the front doors on my beast.

Craig.

It's been a while, but don't recall them being expensive from Toyota? IIRC, they come body color, have a suffix to indicate color. So some colors cover all years, others don't. So, 69220-60020-08 = white, 69220-60020-G0 = green, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom