Led lights in rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I mounted these to the factory running board light plug. Thinking about getting a second set to tie into the reverse lights since the LED projector bulbs I replaced the factory reverse bulbs with didnt help a lot as they were too small. While not flush mounted in the bumper, they can easily be mounted under the bumper in front of the two hitch. Run a bead of silicone in them to prevent fogging.

White of course to match!
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OST5TAU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Has anyone tried the lights that Slickspawn posted? They fit in the factory slot where there are reflectors.

I too am interested in seeing these installed or what others have done in mounting into their stock bumpers.

Did you ever get the backup lights installed? I just ordered the reflector replacement lights and was wondering what color wires that I needed to tap into in the tail light... Thanks!

Anyone??

I mounted these to the factory running board light plug. Thinking about getting a second set to tie into the reverse lights since the LED projector bulbs I replaced the factory reverse bulbs with didnt help a lot as they were too small. While not flush mounted in the bumper, they can easily be mounted under the bumper in front of the two hitch. Run a bead of silicone in them to prevent fogging.

White of course to match!
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OST5TAU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I had these mounted under the bumper and used a 7 pin adapter to have plugged into the trailer plug. They worked well but I repurposed them for puddle lights using the factory LX running board light plugs. (hint: fill the lights with clear silicone or they wont last long under these trucks)

Has anyone tried the lights that Slickspawn posted? They fit in the factory slot where there are reflectors.

I recently replaced reflectors for very bright reverse lights.

52B347C0-9908-45A8-8903-C0AF20818A2D.png

4A28CC50-CB7E-4283-9781-EA60AE586912.png

FBEE2B87-335B-4C66-937D-FEC6F15E8413.png

I tapped into the reverse wires right behind the bulb. Not sure if that is the best way to do that, however. I did not add any sealant around light. The reflector is recessed into the bumper. Once removing the reflector I just cut the recessed hole out. Then trimmed little at a time so the light will push in the hole snug. Then drilled a hole barely smaller than the screw and tightened down. Very easy.

I do have an existing trailer brake wire connected to the 7 pin connector from previous owner. I do not use any trailer brakes so now I'm brainstorming on how to use that wiring setup to perhaps connect a toggle switch on the dash to the new lights. But then, if the switch is off will the lights come on when shifting in reverse? But can't keep switch on all the time either. So not sure just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom