Leather seats: Heritage Edition VS standard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Personally I don't make decisions at this level of expenditure based on emotion, but understand how others might. As they say, YMMV. Good luck.
For me, it's a mix of emotion, function, reliability, and so on. I've never been into naming my vehicles, but a lot of people do - that's one emotional response to vehicle ownership. Another one is color selection - that's a largely emotional choice (what color am I going to enjoy looking at every time I walk up to the car?) that does have some practical considerations (what color always looks clean? what color is better in hot weather?).

Check with @Eric Sarjeant . I'm sure he can tell you exactly the difference in the leather. And also probably get you the best price on a LC. Just an FYI.
That's great advice - even though I'm happy with my dealer, in some respects I wish I had known about him before purchasing as my dealer definitely doesn't do the customization work that his does. Buying from him would have been more complicated with a trade in though. Selling the old car privately would work, but at least in MA, you lose the sales tax savings where sales tax = (new price - trade-in price) * tax%.

In way ahead of you there... we’ve spoken a few times.

Haha, then you are in good hands! Good luck on whatever you decide on getting!

For me, it's a mix of emotion, function, reliability, and so on. I've never been into naming my vehicles, but a lot of people do - that's one emotional response to vehicle ownership. Another one is color selection - that's a largely emotional choice (what color am I going to enjoy looking at every time I walk up to the car?) that does have some practical considerations (what color always looks clean? what color is better in hot weather?).
Sounds like a healthy relationship with a vehicle, I’ve named them either but I do get some type of attachment, I think that’s due to relying on the vehicle to keep me safe and get me to that hard to reach location.

For me, there is absolutely a visceral experience when driving a vehicle. Particularly one that you admire for its build, reliability, safety, engineering, and knowing that at the end of the day, it can take you to, through, and back from some of the harshest places on earth. My 4Runner drove me to and all over Alaska. My LX took me home from Alaska to Illinois in -36F weather during the dead of winter.

If I saw a car as an appliance, I’d be driving a Camry hybrid. I don’t, which is why I have 2 200s (20 Cruiser and 14 LX) and a V8 4Runner. The 4Runner has been to nearly every state over its 200,000 mile life. I drove it locally today and it still made me smile. I won’t ever sell it.

My folks have owned a 99, 04, and now a 20 LX. You get what you pay for and you build trust in something that has never let you down.

Speaking of seats. The Cruisers SUCK, period. Far too little thigh support for a $90,000 truck. LX’s are better but they still aren’t that great.

Valentine's Day 2021?

So the decision was made and the deposit is paid...

Blizzard White Heritage Edition!! Looks like it will be around Valentines Day for delivery.

Thanks for all the input, y’all.

Wow. Is it worth the wait for bronze wheels and some stitching? I was $78.5k on a 2020 BP they had on the lot with 6 miles....

Last edited:
Um, congratulations! Geez guys, if he prefers the Heritage Edition and is willing to wait, what's the big deal?

Stock or having him start your build?
Starting a build. Known mods on the list at this moment are a long range tank, suspension, and bumpers. Those items appear to have the longest lead time, the rest will be worked out over the coming weeks and months. Since ruling out other vehicles I've been on a mega deep Land Cruiser rabbit hole for two weeks... I am dreaming about Land Cruisers at this point haha

Starting a build. Known mods on the list at this moment are a long range tank, suspension, and bumpers. Those items appear to have the longest lead time, the rest will be worked out over the coming weeks and months. Since ruling out other vehicles I've been on a mega deep Land Cruiser rabbit hole for two weeks... I am dreaming about Land Cruisers at this point haha
Oh, we get it.

Congrats on the decision.. a wait that long would destroy me.

Who is sourcing your long range tank? Is it the larger standard tank or where your spare goes? Probably the first mod I'd want to make on a new 200 series.

Who is sourcing your long range tank? Is it the larger standard tank or where your spare goes? Probably the first mod I'd want to make on a new 200 series.
I’m pretty sure he uses LRA. We are getting the 40 gallon since this vehicle will be the tow vehicle for our Conqueror camper and we want some really good range, it will take the space where the spare goes.

PM me if you want to check mine out (black). Next door neighbor has Terra interior in his 16. We’re just inside the top end of 285. You can kick tires and drive around if you want to get your mods dialed in. Congrats on the purchase.

PM me if you want to check mine out (black). Next door neighbor has Terra interior in his 16. We’re just inside the top end of 285. You can kick tires and drive around if you want to get your mods dialed in. Congrats on the purchase.
Wow, that’s very generous. I may actually take you up on that offer.

I’m pretty sure he uses LRA. We are getting the 40 gallon since this vehicle will be the tow vehicle for our Conqueror camper and we want some really good range, it will take the space where the spare goes.

Since you're towing are you planning on putting air bags in your rear shocks? Trying to decide myself on an LX or LC as a tow vehicle.

Since you're towing are you planning on putting air bags in your rear shocks? Trying to decide myself on an LX or LC as a tow vehicle.
Yes, we are planning bags. I figure between the camper, bumper, 40 gal tank, and the generator I lug around for the camper That bags would be a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom