Leather seats: Heritage Edition VS standard (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In my older model, when I get hot I open the cool box, straddle it. Drive with my left foot and cool down on extended road trips. Works for me! (When the cool box works which is intermittent).

Pics or it didn't happen.

Yes, we are planning bags. I figure between the camper, bumper, 40 gal tank, and the generator I lug around for the camper That bags would be a good idea.
I have Firestone coilrite airbags in my 2016 LC. Best towing SUV I’ve owned.

Do they have any impact to the ride when you're not towing? I assume you leave them at about 5 psi or so not towing. Sorry to derail the tread about airbags. :(

The short wheelbase has me worried but I’ve seen some of y’all on here towing giant campers so I’m not concerned about the vehicles ability to tow. I’ll take a look into those bags, thanks!

The short wheelbase has me worried but I’ve seen some of y’all on here towing giant campers so I’m not concerned about the vehicles ability to tow. I’ll take a look into those bags, thanks!
My neighbor had one of these and absolutely raved about it.

And here is some discussion on how it works:

Basically the trapezoid bars create a virtual pivot that is much closer to the rear axle, dramatically increasing stability. Apparently they are tricky to get hooked up, and pretty expensive for a WD hitch, but the people that run them seem to think it’s worth it.

My neighbor had one of these and absolutely raved about it.

And here is some discussion on how it works:

Basically the trapezoid bars create a virtual pivot that is much closer to the rear axle, dramatically increasing stability. Apparently they are tricky to get hooked up, and pretty expensive for a WD hitch, but the people that run them seem to think it’s worth it.
Do they have any impact to the ride when you're not towing? I assume you leave them at about 5 psi or so not towing. Sorry to derail the tread about airbags. :(
Interesting, I’ve never heard of this type of hitch before. My camper uses a max coupler that’s for off road towing so the trapezoid design wouldn’t work for me but if I went heavier I would look at it for sure. Thankfully my camper is 4klbs max with a 400lbs tongue weight. M

Interesting, I’ve never heard of this type of hitch before. My camper uses a max coupler that’s for off road towing so the trapezoid design wouldn’t work for me but if I went heavier I would look at it for sure. Thankfully my camper is 4klbs max with a 400lbs tongue weight. M
Good point. Totally unnecessary for your setup, but yes an interesting design and frankly I’m a bit of a nerd so I like sharing stuff like that.

Good point. Totally unnecessary for your setup, but yes an interesting design and frankly I’m a bit of a nerd so I like sharing stuff like that.
As one nerd to another, I appreciate that.

When minimally inflated they have not impacted the ride at all. They have made the rear of the truck ride a half inch to an inch higher unloaded. I have the Toyota front coil spacer installed and I still have a slight rake unload.

The LC tows my 21’ boat better than the Tahoe I had previously . The wheelbase has not been a problem at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom