leaf spring help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landcruiser1974 said:
hi i bought a set of fj40 4 inch lift springs but i cant tell the front from the rear thanks for the help

Welcome to Mud!

What brand leaf springs?

And if the TLCA membership got as high as your number that would be a great thing.

I believe Rancho is the only vendor of 3 leaf spring packs for 40s unless they are from a different application. The Rancho 3 leaf packs are known to be very stiff and I would not run them myself.

A picture would really help us identify what springs you have. Are there any stickers or numbers on the springs?

John Smith said:
I believe Rancho is the only vendor of 3 leaf spring packs for 40s unless they are from a different application. The Rancho 3 leaf packs are known to be very stiff and I would not run them myself.

A picture would really help us identify what springs you have. Are there any stickers or numbers on the springs?
thanks john for the quick responce no numbers on the springs but the are for a 40 i saw the 40 they came off . so you say the are very stiff my stock springs seem very stiff also well i might try then anywaythanks again.

Actually stock FJ40 springs are very very soft. If they seem stiff to you it is probably because you are hitting the bumpstops.

I have seen two or three brands on "three leaf" springs. Rancho does not sell them however. Not for years now. All of these springs I have dealt with are miserably stiff and I would not put them on anything.

Mark...

I had a set of those .ugh felt like riding down a dirt road on a sheet of plywood. I put the rears on my m101 military trailer sua .They work great !. That's the only place I'd use em'

if they are ranchos throw them away and dont look back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom