LCXC 2018: Baja! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do your research but if it was easy everyone would be there. Note the pictured spot will be covered with water in a couple hours. Keep in mind the Sea of Cortez has the highest tide change in the world, sometimes as much as 20'+.

A 20 foot tide is awesome, but less than half of the tides in the Bay of Fundy, which can be 50 feet. My LC was in Fundy National Park last summer and with the monster tides roaring in and out twice day, no one was ever allowed to drive close to the beach. Even walking around there needed your full attention.

Hey, as long as you don't start singing Jimmy Buffet's, "Why don't we get drunk and screw"
when I'm sittin next to you at the campfire... Any song will do. :beer: :confused::grinpimp::hillbilly:

Jimmy Buffet does love Baja... :)

Hey, as long as you don't start singing Jimmy Buffet's, "Why don't we get drunk and screw"
when I'm sittin next to you at the campfire... Any song will do. :beer: :confused::grinpimp::hillbilly:

Jimmy Buffet does love Baja... :)

I make no promises. Once the whiskey is flowing, all bets are off.

That brings up a good point, campfires. Are we going to snag wood down there or bring it with?

I make no promises. Once the whiskey is flowing, all bets are off.

That brings up a good point, campfires. Are we going to snag wood down there or bring it with?

Was wondering same, and also whether there are rules, etc.

Don't wanna give cops any excuse...

Another fly in the ointment, I have been led to believe that you cannot cross into Mexico with spare fuel cans with fuel. That is unless you want to donate to Border Guards vacation gas supplies. This may warrant further investigation?

Another fly in the ointment, I have been led to believe that you cannot cross into Mexico with spare fuel cans with fuel. That is unless you want to donate to Border Guards vacation gas supplies. This may warrant further investigation?

Weird.
If I can't get my aux tank installed before then we might have to just fill our jerries over the boarder.

It's not gospel, I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend. It would be a travesty financially as well as time for the whole group to have to drain cans. There goes an hour, not that y'all can't pour fast but rather Pepe moving his 52 Chevy truck closer after he gets it started. The Gov pretty much has the gas thing locked up although Mobil is opening stations in select locations. BTW if you guys hit Coco's Corner make sure Zack hangs his thong from the ceiling. :D

News flash, confirmed spare fuel cans must be empty

Sounds good re: fuel, let's plan to go empty and fill on mexican gas across border. For the firewood, we can load up prior - @RET2 can we come steal some? Fill a trasharoo or two? As far as the handheld radios, I was told NOT to go to TJ Walmart and to go to Rosarito location if we end up wanting those handhelds (which we prob should).

@LandCruiserPhil Any insight on wood for campfires?

I rarely do camp fires with wood but I can tell you most the wood I have purchased in Mexico sucks. Its hard as a rock, difficult to light, and doesnt smell anything like pecan or juniper.:rolleyes: If me I would bring synthetic logs they pack tight, carry no bugs, and are easy too light.:meh:

Sounds good. We can swing by Home Depot (to use my discount) before we leave and load up on Duraflame logs.

Would be my choice I use Duraflame boat camping with the family for convenience and they dont have bugs. Im not afraid of bugs I just dont want them living in my LC or boat.:eek:

Sounds good re: fuel, let's plan to go empty and fill on mexican gas across border. For the firewood, we can load up prior - @RET2 can we come steal some? Fill a trasharoo or two? As far as the handheld radios, I was told NOT to go to TJ Walmart and to go to Rosarito location if we end up wanting those handhelds (which we prob should).
Sure, you'll be coming up any way to get your awning/shade

I’m hoping the 2018 in the title means this is an annual trip. This is something I’d want to tag along for once my LC is ready.

As an aside, Is it limited to LC’s? I have a group of friends with Tundras that would probably be interested too. Any kids in the group? I mean actual children, not millennials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom