Events/Trails LCDC 2019 - 5th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@indycole I'm interested...

I might be interested in RimRocker as well. I’ve had my eye on it. I’ll need to research it more to see if my truck would fit. Cole, I hope your truck is all set well before LCDC. I’d ask how it’s going but probably better to check your build thread.

Trail-Talk
with Markuson:

:hillbilly: -<Infos Y’all be Need’n...

(Spoof alert)

**All LCDC participants...
...please watch this important TRAIL READINESS MESSAGE created by my N.T.F.P.U. (Near-Twin from Parallel-Universe).

**Less than a minute long. Turn up volume...
(Hint...not the real me)

Last edited:
If I drank milk, it would have come out my nose. Good thing I am drinking a beer :)

Important Update!
Version 2...

(Spoof alert!)
After viewing above post by my N.T.F.P.U...
...I suggested he SLOW DOWN a bit...maybe add a screen graphic for clarity...and add more emphasis to **key preparation items.** (LOL)

(Just 12 seconds longer)

So... Here is...take 2 of
Trail-Talk
with Markuson: Vol. II

:hillbilly: -<Infos Y’all be Need’n...

Last edited:
I’m beginning to rethink which trail leader I’m going to sign up with.

Hahaha!! :)
Hoping you know that was a sooof with CGI facial remapping!! :hillbilly:

A friend told me before posting, “Some are gonna believe that’s the real you...”

The dog is real but here’s the real Markuson you’ll meet at LCDC. I promise I’m not a cartoon. :hillbilly:
C0732A95-506A-4758-AA20-3D5A2268A530.jpeg

Unless my NTFPU takes over somehow. Heh...

Last edited:
Last edited:
That is crazy. Even the fragments of the exploded boulder look big! And I do think that when I am in the part of CO in a couple of months I may need to drive that section of road just to see the 2nd boulder. That thing rolled from a ridgeline a thousand feet up? Doesn't look that steep but apparently once it gets rolling, nothing is going to stop it. Glad no one was hurt!

Hey guys, was late in getting on the list but we are excited to see you all later this summer -

I'm trying to figure out whether it makes sense to get some real skid plates under the LC before this trip... and possibly put a front bumper on the truck with a winch too not because I expect to need it but because it's an option. :)

I'm out of the loop - for a '13 - what do you guys think are the best options available for armor & a front bumper?

Truck already has 2.5" ICON lift + aftermarket UCAs, has Slee sliders and rear bumper, and is on 285/70/17s on Rock Warriors. Primarily a family hauler, never crazy heavy expo loads.

Sadly, I won’t make it to this year’s LCDC. Maybe next year. Have fun and post lots of pictures.

Hey guys, was late in getting on the list but we are excited to see you all later this summer -

I'm trying to figure out whether it makes sense to get some real skid plates under the LC before this trip... and possibly put a front bumper on the truck with a winch too not because I expect to need it but because it's an option. :)

I'm out of the loop - for a '13 - what do you guys think are the best options available for armor & a front bumper?

Truck already has 2.5" ICON lift + aftermarket UCAs, has Slee sliders and rear bumper, and is on 285/70/17s on Rock Warriors. Primarily a family hauler, never crazy heavy expo loads.
I'd start looking here for armor. I run the stage 3 lite steel package. You feel the added weight initially and then that fades, similar to sliders. Simply put, this armor gives one more confidence when the opportunities present themselves on the trail. Front bumper you need to decide if you want a full bullbar or the non-loop variant, then go shopping. good luck. IMHO you dont need a winch or front bumper to enjoy this ride / trip. The OE front bumper takes a lot of abuse with no added weight. If anything I'd look at making sure your recovery points are solid and if not then upgrade those and buy some good recovery gear. Enjoy your trip and make some good memories.

Hey guys.. We are not going to be able to make it this year. Some new things have come up and will change the schedule of this summer.

My twin boys will be auditioning for college as well as taking tours of each campus throughout the summer. My daughter is now doing the sports thing coupled with martial arts so that will be a full load for her. I just happened to look under the LC due to seeing a small drop of something underneath a couple of days ago. Well low and behold I found out that the water pump on the bruiser cruiser is leaking as well as the radiator seeping coolant at the seam on top. Sooooo my spot will be open on the trip. I hope you all have as great a time as we did last year.

Hey guys.. We are not going to be able to make it this year. Some new things have come up and will change the schedule of this summer.

My twin boys will be auditioning for college as well as taking tours of each campus throughout the summer. My daughter is now doing the sports thing coupled with martial arts so that will be a full load for her. I just happened to look under the LC due to seeing a small drop of something underneath a couple of days ago. Well low and behold I found out that the water pump on the bruiser cruiser is leaking as well as the radiator seeping coolant at the seam on top. Sooooo my spot will be open on the trip. I hope you all have as great a time as we did last year.

Sorry to hear you can’t make it...but sounds like a lot of good stuff going on.

Water pump and radiator are inevitable...so at least it happened now, rather than on a trail in Ouray.

Good of you to open the spot soon enough for others to plan. Maybe next year? :) :cheers:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom