LC105 1HZ-T to continue or not.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
December 1, 2016

Dear All,

I am the 4th owner of a recently acquired LC 105 unit in the Philippines of which the seller has no idea except that its a turbo intercooler diesel and indeed it had a front mount intercooler and a 1hd-t CT26 Turbo! So to cut the story short, when I drove it on the highway it couldn't pass 100 km/h and had a slight engine vibration.

I got curious called my mechanic, symptom was a bad injection pump, it was filled with water and a rusted internal rotor. While I was having the injection pump rebuilt, I took advantage of changing the valve cover gasket, fuel filter, air filter, timing belt and timing belt tensioner as well. Getting the parts took a while since we had a confusion with the parts supplier where the argument was that the parts supplier based all on the VIN no and had as sent wrong parts. Curious again, I went and purchased as per sample basis and the parts supplier had his point by showing me the diagrams based on VIN that I was wrong. I was told that the VIN does not match the diesel engine though I still got the parts needed on as per sample basis.

Also, the intercooler and piping is terribly done whilst as well the other parts that have not been well thought off. The only best consolation is that the engine has a good compression at 240,000 kms. Now, I'm confused if to continue the Turbo Intercooler or return to the NA 1HZ set-up to avoid any complications.

Plan A - If I proceed with the TURBO INTERCOOLER Set Up:
1. I need to rework the piping of the front mount intercooler
2. Check thoroughly the turbo oil and coolant feed piping
3. Check if the injection pump is for a 1HD-t - HOW to differentiate from a 1HD-T and 1HZ?
4. What should be the boost?
5. Is an intercooler really needed?

Plan B - If I proceed with returning to NA 1HZ Set Up:
1. Remove the intercooler set up
2. Remove turbo
3. Check if the injection pump is for a 1HZ - HOW to differentiate from a 1HD-T and 1HZ?

Is there really a BIG difference from a 1HZ to a 1HZ-T. It will be used for off-road and is equipped with a winch bar. Need your advise guys.

Thank you in advance.

Alex CYBERFARMER

Last edited:
Hi guys

Pls dis regard this thread....the original owner was found and the engine installed on the 105 is a 1HD-T engine so now ill replan what to do.

Thank you all.

Alex CYBERFARMER

It would be a nice landcruiser all fixed up. The injection pumps have the Toyota part number and the denso pump serial number on them.

you can verify engine type with the engine number. its located on the engine block just below the intake manifold, below intake runner 5&6.

it will be stamped HD ##### for 1hd series engines, or HZ ###### for 1hz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom