LC100 cold air intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
any suggestions on where in the US i can get a cold air intake for a 2006 LC 100?

Thanks

Have you thought about getting a snorkel instead?

they dont, i checked
Airaid Cold Air Intake System: Increased Horsepower, Superior Filtration: Compatible with 2000-2004 TOYOTA (Sequoia/Tundra)AIR-511-761 Amazon product ASIN B004IARH90

It fit my 98, made for tundra with 4.7L, very easy install. Slight pep in wxcelwration, I bought it to replace my old air intake that had mounting tabs busted and was falling apart.

Airaid Cold Air Intake System: Increased Horsepower, Superior Filtration: Compatible with 2000-2004 TOYOTA (Sequoia/Tundra)AIR-511-761 Amazon product ASIN B004IARH90

It fit my 98, made for tundra with 4.7L, very easy install. Slight pep in wxcelwration, I bought it to replace my old air intake that had mounting tabs busted and was falling apart.

1861744A-1AAB-442E-8D42-63BCCEDA92DA.jpeg

BFDD7CB7-59BA-40F2-B2ED-8B9C64FEE909.jpeg

091D53A8-B689-4879-A29D-841017B3964A.jpeg

will this fit a 2006 LX 470? Are all the PVC lines the same?
Yes. I install this on a 06' LX470. ~13 months and counting

What about the flexibility? I see no flex in this intake.
The intake tube itself is ridged. However the two couplers have enough flex for the application. I have noticed no issues and inspect it regularly.

What about the flexibility? I see no flex in this intake.
By the photo, it looks like a coupler at the Throttle body. I'm sorta interested in this, but a quick search shows unavailable.

By the photo, it looks like a coupler at the Throttle body. I'm sorta interested in this, but a quick search shows unavailable.
I called Airaid and ordered the individual parts directly from them. Took about a month to get the parts, but it was a fairly easy process.

Why change what has worked very well, for billions of miles "Collectively speaking". Which is the factory design! The exception being a snorkeler.

Personally, I do not like seeing any of these after-market cool air system on the 100 series 4.7L. For that matter, even the filters that claim additional HP gain. Which allow more air into intake manifold, at shake of filtration. Which is not good for health of cylinder walls and rings. OEM filter is best deal IMHO.

I've one in shop today. Fuel trims
IMG_1825.JPEG
will not come inline. Why? WTFK, as it's gone down this rabbit hole!

IMG_1829.JPEG

Another thing I see in some with some open air filter design. The filters get water-logged, starving intake of air in the rain.
IMG_1827.JPEG

Why change what has worked very well, for billions of miles "Collectively speaking". Which is the factory design! The exception being a snorkeler.

Personally, I do not like seeing any of these after-market cool air system on the 100 series 4.7L. For that matter, even the filters that claim additional HP gain. Which allow more air into intake manifold, at shake of filtration. Which is not good for health of cylinder walls and rings. OEM filter is best deal IMHO.

I've one in shop today. Fuel trimsView attachment 3180964 will not come inline. Why? WTFK, as it's gone down this rabbit hole!

View attachment 3180963
Another thing I see in some with some open air filter design. The filters get water-logged, starving intake of air in the rain.
View attachment 3180961
Psshhhttt, you posted the scariest one you could find on your phone. The airaid setup is nice if you use it just for the tube, and can retain stock filter. In my case the tabs on my stock intake tube were busted and this was avail even on Amazon at the time.

Psshhhttt, you posted the scariest one you could find on your phone. The airaid setup is nice if you use it just for the tube, and can retain stock filter. In my case the tabs on my stock intake tube were busted and this was avail even on Amazon at the time.
Actually, I just went in shop and took those pictures a few minutes ago. I've seen worst!

Search mud, some have come-up with cheap creative fixes. For the OEM air boxes & pipe with busted clips/tabs/nipples.

But why, what do you expect to accomplish? The 2UZ pulls air from way back inside the fender, it's not like it's pulling hot engine bay air in. You will have no note worthy performance gains and you will most likely take a really good air filtration system and make it worse.

If you want less dust ingestion then a snorkel make sense but even that seems like a waste. I drive in constant dust clouds all summer long up here and I have no issues with stock filter setup.

The idea of cool air intake itself is incorrect as the engine is warmer than outside.

I never settle for anything other than OEM parts (or do it twice). Those oil filled filters will clog all pores within a matter of days if you drive on a dirt roads, then the engine receives less air. Oil can contaminate the MAF sensor too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom