Lb Cake - My 62 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It all looks great, 100 times better than I could do. One thing though, I personally would trim those bolts holding the trany cooler. I get nervous with bolt ends that close to the radiator. I guess with the bumper you have it really can’t get pushed back into the radiator. But some times strange things flex, bend or vibrate around.

I will trim the bolts one of these days, It's a good idea. Luckily there is about 2 1/2 inches of room there. I think that if it ever gets pushed back the ac line and condenser would be destroyed regardless of the bolts.

Here is a pic I recently took:

6104b514.jpg

50f88ad1.jpg

Sliders and rear bumper coming soon!!

So what are your thoughts about the 33x12.50 on the stock rims ??

So what are your thoughts about the 33x12.50 on the stock rims ??

I drove around for a while but It felt like the rig wandered a lot. I ended up getting some MT Classics in a 8" width for the rig.

I'm leaning towards 33x10.50 on the stockers.

Last week was a marathon session on the 62 - got the rear bumper and sliders prime, painted ,and installed then started on the shackle reversal. I wasn't sure about the S.R. but once the bumpers, winch and sliders were on the truck had settled down a bunch so on it went. We finished everything by noon Friday, just in time to head out to Rausch Creek Offroad Park to meet up with my fellow FJ Northeasters for their 3rd annual Turkey Trot / Toys for Tots run.

I was really happy to finally get the rig offroad so I could see what she could do. I was very pleased with the way she behaved. With all the rushing around to get her finished I forgot to cut off the excess ubolts so they were hanging up for a while until they were "field modified" - they will be getting cut off this week. I did take some light damage to the rear quarter due to a bonehead move but all is well.

3bef0e1d.jpg

39d38041.jpg

1e6e114f.jpg

38cc6381.jpg

3282d0db.jpg

Hahahaha, good work on the trail carnage Santi! Beautiful truck, can't wait to go wheeling with you again:cheers:

I'm looking at it in a positive light, I know there are going to be more and I am kinda glad that I got this one out of the way early :\

Johnny - I hold you guys personally responsible for me getting the 62!!! - it sure wheels easier than the FJC.

Last edited:
I'm looking at it in a positive light, I know there are going to be more and I am kinda glad that I got this one out of the way early :\

Johnny - I hold you guys personally responsible for me getting the 62!!! - it sure wheels easier than the FJC.

:lol: You're welcome! It only gets better from here.

Something about blue Landcruisers.
Jealous... I worked all thanksgiving week on my 60, but it still needs some work. Gotta work all week, no garage. Now I'm 'takin the shame train' (the bus).
Your rig is inspiring though. Guess you need some body armor?

I'm leaning towards 33x10.50 on the stockers.

Might be a good idea - I got some rubbing in the rear fenderwells from the 12.5's even with the added lift from the shackle reversal and the looooong rear shackles. I'm looking at extending bumpstops now.

Something about blue Landcruisers.
Jealous... I worked all thanksgiving week on my 60, but it still needs some work. Gotta work all week, no garage. Now I'm 'takin the shame train' (the bus).
Your rig is inspiring though. Guess you need some body armor?
I'm lucky?? (unlucky) that I get to work on it when work is slow in my place (hardware biz), with construction being slow I have had a lot time to work on it.

Nice looking 62. I might have to get one someday because my girlfriend doesn't like the manual on my 60.

This is kind of a newb question, but I see that you went with the OME heavy/heavy combination. How do you like it with your set up? I noticed the front and rear bumpers with those extra toys hanging off (very nice btw) and am nearly halfway there myself but I don't want to kill the driveability on the highway as mine is a d/d too.

Thanks and consider me SUBSCRIBED!

Santi:
Very nice build. I wish I did mine as a frame off like yours!
My first cruiser was a 60 and always in love with them, a complete rig for family/expedition/and overall fun !

Daniel

Nice looking 62. I might have to get one someday because my girlfriend doesn't like the manual on my 60.

This is kind of a newb question, but I see that you went with the OME heavy/heavy combination. How do you like it with your set up? I noticed the front and rear bumpers with those extra toys hanging off (very nice btw) and am nearly halfway there myself but I don't want to kill the driveability on the highway as mine is a d/d too.

Thanks and consider me SUBSCRIBED!

I'm using it as a DD right now as I am getting rid of the FJC, I have no issues with driveability. It is very solid on the road as long as you keep the swaybars in, at least the front one - I am not running the rear at the moment. The only issue is the height of the truck. My wife and kids complain that it is too high. :)

Santi:
Very nice build. I wish I did mine as a frame off like yours!
My first cruiser was a 60 and always in love with them, a complete rig for family/expedition/and overall fun !

Daniel

Thanks D.

Here is a pic from a couple of days ago - it's on 35's now.

IMG_2786.jpg

I'm using it as a DD right now as I am getting rid of the FJC, I have no issues with driveability. It is very solid on the road as long as you keep the swaybars in, at least the front one - I am not running the rear at the moment. The only issue is the height of the truck. My wife and kids complain that it is too high. :)

Like yours, mine does not have a rear sway bar. Maybe if I need it after I put the lift in, I'll track one down. It'll be a bit more complicated as mine never had one in there. I think though Toyota had the sense to weld the brackets on the rear axle housing.

My girlfriend already does complain about the height of my cruiser and its on a stock suspension! She's pretty short though. I think I"ll put on sliders with a removable step attachment for her to step up once I get the suspension in. Besides, I wanted sliders anyway. I'm not sure why people who put sliders on don't put a step for their kids and shorter people to get it. They could be completely removable with two threaded bungs in the slider and bolts to hold them on.

Johnny - I am running BFG KM2's 35x12.5x15 for heavy wheeling and some BFG AT's same size for daily / light wheeling.

Nick - I solve the problem by driving the wifes car when we go out as a family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom