Lb Cake - My 62 build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks outstanding. The Herculiner is exactly the way I plan on doing mine as well, except I'll be covering more of the hood's leading edge to protect from rock chips on the highway.

That river crossing pic is awesome.

Thanks!
I used raptor liner, it turned out to be one of my best mods on that truck. I did the grill, light bezel and the aluminum bumper as well. It is holding up to the brush and rocks really well.

I love the KM2's - I had them on my FJC as well - They are a great all around tire, quiet on the road, very grippy and durable off road.

Loooooong day at Rausch Creek-
Passenger birf and passenger rear axle shaft
Luckily the flat bed belongs to the brother of the owner of the 4 runner.
time to go Chromo!

6b46b16d.jpg

e14d4ad3.jpg

It was the hillclimb on trail 6 - I've done that at least a half dozen times - even with my FJC. It looks like this past winter changed the trail a whole lot. It took about 4 hours to get me out of there. We positioned a truck on top that I had my winch hooked up to so I could control my backwards descent and one truck down at the bottom with his winch pulling me down.

That sucks man. What trail were you on when it broke?

It is a 4 plus bumper that was modified by Dave Crum - a local fabricator. He built up the rear quarter panel protection.
Where did you get your rear bumper from? or did you build it?

It was the hillclimb on trail 6 - I've done that at least a half dozen times - even with my FJC. It looks like this past winter changed the trail a whole lot. It took about 4 hours to get me out of there. We positioned a truck on top that I had my winch hooked up to so I could control my backwards descent and one truck down at the bottom with his winch pulling me down.

Sounds remarkably familiar to when I blew up two birfs and a rear axleshaft all in one shot at Dave's Place on Memorial day last year:lol:

Funny thing is that we you told me that on Saturday over the grub at the Bronx Alehouse, I thought to myself - s***, that would suck huge....LOL>.....It does...

Spent the majority of the day working on finishing up the wiring on the 62 -

Last week I ripped out the carpet and put in a new vinyl floor. I purchased 8 yards of heavy duty vinyl flooring and went at it. Once this was out of the way I could finish wiring the center console including the following circuits-

Arb compressor
Front Locker
Rear Locker
Fog lights
Rear light
Winch power interrupt
Winch in / Winch out
Air tank pressure gauge
Oil pressure gauge
Transmission temp gauge
CB Radio

This is my console:
IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

I used two 12 connector quick disconnect plugs to have the ability to remove the console without having a mess of wires. Once I finished all the quick disconnects and all the wiring I hooked everything up and it all worked fine....except for my rear light....
This is where the fun begins...
Trouble shooting the line and wiring I deduct that it could be a bad relay that is not firing so I grab a new one and try it out ... nothing.... a whole lot of troubleshooting later and I once again deduct that it has to be the relay.... I swap it out and .....nothing.....now I am starting to doubt my wiring... I trouble shoot some more and grab new relay #3 and try it again.......nothing yet again. Now I am besides myself, I get the idea to remove one of the relays that I know is working in the car and swap it out with the rear light relay..... Voila..it works!!!!

I would have never believed that 3 Hella relays would have been bad out of the box.

All that for this:
IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0239.jpg

IMAG0240.jpg

All cleaned up from the GCLC Coal Mine Cruiser Classic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom