Late Model Steering Rack Superseded, Current P/N 44250-60100 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Partsouq says it has 143 of the superseded part number...

View attachment 2258462
While it possible that there was a significant improvement, And I agree its always best to get the latest part, it will likely have little effect on the overall longevity of the rack. Of all the trucks built (many with the old part number Im assuming), the relatively low rate of failure I see on here may indicate that there doesn’t seem to be any chronic issue with the old rack and Pinion that makes it clear the the newer rack is superior.

At least for now it looks like there are plenty of the superseded racks out there. Good to know this was just a false alarm.

Impex has it for 1008.31

1585882926363.png

I was bit paranoid to spend another $400 as I just spent money on OEM CV axles. Whew.. what a relief... Steering rack rush ended!

Sounds like it. Also sounds like Toyota needs to update their parts catalogs to show the superseded part.
They have- enter the old part number (44200-60100) and it automatically populates the superseded part 44250-60100. But as you probably know many online dealers use 3rd party service to manage their parts websites and likely update monthly- so there's a lag and you probably caught the supersession in near real time. You may want to update the title on the thread though to "superseded"

Toyota Motor Co's retail website:

Pretty clear? From parts.toyota.com.

View attachment 2258644
When I was on parts.toyota.com it had still shown the old p/n. Cleared my cache and now it shows the new. Looks like all the dealer parts sites still need to update.

Thread will be fully updated to avoid any confusion.

OP updated with correct info. Sorry for the scare guys!

Parts master tapes at dealerships are generally updated once a month. So the supersession might take a while if this is a recent supersession from the assembly part number (44200) that includes the TREs, to the sub-assembly part number (44250) that excludes the TREs and makes them individual parts.

Straight from the horse's mouth:

You can see here how 44200-60100 supersedes to 44250-60100. In the breakdown, you can see that Toyota indicates you need the other part numbers to get what used to come with 44200-60100:

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 17.07.13.png

Here is the information for 44250-60100. 15 available in the US and 29 inbound from the mothership.

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 17.07.33.png

free shipping at toyota south atlanta. $643.10 cheapest I found. mcgeorge 609 plus 55 to MS, or FL.
Standard across USA online seems to be 609 or 643. I thought mine wasn't failing. But it is. 220k miles 2006 original rack

Free Ground Shipping on Orders Over $50 Sitewide when using code: FAMILY
*Free Ground Shipping coupon up to $200 Value. Only at Participating Dealers. Restrictions May Apply.

Needing to order one of these now. I've got a pretty moderate bind in my wheel about 10* either side of center, and it repeats as you continue to turn the wheel.

Is McGeorge at $605 + shipping still the best deal? I can't find any better online and my local store can't even match that price.

I went with a CVJ Re manned Toyota unit, was nice and have had no issues in the last year or so since install.

I'd only look at a new OEM for this kind of part. I see the savings, but I'll pay for the peace of mind and confidence. And warranty.

South Atlanta free shipping 643$ two weeks ago. Code is FAMILY

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom