Late Model Steering Rack Superseded, Current P/N 44250-60100 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DirtDawg

"It'd be alot cooler if you did"
Threads
What a sad day in the 100 world. Today while checking online parts sites for an 03-07 steering rack, all showed the rack & pinions being discontinued. Just wanted to let everyone know. Hopefully we can find a good aftermarket alternative.

98-02 rack still available. But who knows for how long.

Edit:

The late model steering rack is not discontinued. Online parts stores were only pulling up p/n 44200-60100 for the 03-07 r&p, however they are a little behind on updating their catalogs. Toyota global shows the new superseded p/n of 44250-60100, which are in stock everywhere.

Commentary that follows is based off the original post, stating the 03-07 racks have been discontinued.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information.

SERIOUSLY? 03-07 RACKS ARE GETTING DISCONTINUED? This is very un-Land Cruiser like.

What's the usual threshold on how long manufactures have to supply parts after a model has ended?

This is a bummer. I need one soon. Maybe I know a guy..

I was shocked too. This is a real bummer.

LC, LX or both?

A few quick internet searches, and I seem to be able to find both of these available:

LC p/n 44250-60100 (non-VGRS) 03-07
LX p/n 44250-60120 (VGRS) 03-07

(Although my experience with online parts dealers, does include a lot of discontinued parts that are listed online and quickly canceled)

I had checked the LC rack through McGeorge, sparks, Olathe, Toyota global, etc.

I had checked the LC rack through McGeorge, sparks, Olathe, Toyota global, etc.

This one?

Well I might've been wrong on this one... Every parts site was pulling up 44200-60100 showing no supersession.

If 44250-60100 is still readily available everywhere then we're good to go! Hopefully a false alarm!

So this is a case of a superseeded part number then?
Sounds like it. Also sounds like Toyota needs to update their parts catalogs to show the superseded part.

Double check this but....
LC 03-07 steering rack 44200-60100 (discontinued)...

Superceded by:
44250-60100
So this is a case of a superseeded part number then?
I don’t think so. Most parts websites will automatically check the new part number, and the sites that say they have it are ones that are renowned for listing out of stock items as avaloable until you try to order them. Partsouq claims to have 143 in stock. I would say its out of stock in NA.

May be. They are no different than other internet stores. They have cancelled my order before claiming out of stock after I ordered and paid for it.
Ah darn. I am just a little more optimistic because it’s from overseas and operates from a different parts supply than North American vendors.

I don’t think so. Most parts websites will automatically check the new part number, and the sites that say they have it are ones that are renowned for listing out of stock items as avaloable until you try to order them. Partsouq claims to have 143 in stock. I would say its out of stock in NA.
Partsouq says it has 143 of the superseded part number... and it's wayyyy more expensive than the cost listed locally.

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 7.46.35 PM.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom