Larry H Miller group sold dealerships to the Ashbury group, out of the car business (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
That explains why the LHM dealership on Eubank is going through ANOTHER reconstruction phase, I was wondering that for a while. The Millers sold Utah Jazz some time ago, which I wasn't aware of. As of 1/1/22, all 62 LHM dealerships will exchange hands.

Sounds like we'll still continue to receive our discount at the Alameda branch.

That's all I got.

Dang, I did know that.

Mike H. was told a few weeks ago by one of the younger new guys at Alameda that they are stopping the discount very soon. Haven't been in for a while to test it out.

Mike H. was told a few weeks ago by one of the younger new guys at Alameda that they are stopping the discount very soon. Haven't been in for a while to test it out.
I was there Monday. Received the discount. A few months ago I heard this rumor so I asked Sean, then the parts manager. He said they were not getting rid of the discount. If course, Sean has moved, and they now have a new manager. I will be going back this week to pick up an order and will ask.

Who is the contact at American I need to purchase a Gas tank for my 80! Thanks

I use Aaron.chavez@LHMauto.com and he's very responsive.

Wasn't there an 80 at U Pull n Pay? They put a hole in the tank probably for faster draining.

I use Aaron.chavez@LHMauto.com and he's very responsive.

Wasn't there an 80 at U Pull n Pay? They put a hole in the tank probably for faster draining.
They drill holes in all the tanks to drain them. They were also drilling oil pans too.

No 80's currently at the boneyard.

good move before electric cars are forced upon those who can't afford them

what happened to your tank?
I have the leak on the top of tank where the weak point is. I had my mechanic weld it but when he worked on it he said he was the not the first to weld on the tank. It only lasted about 2 weeks and cracked again I think just below his weld. Not sure I want to have someone weld again on it and most used tanks have the same problem I am having and at 400-500 for used I was quoted 800 for new. If you have any recommendations I am all ears.

If you have any recommendations I am all ears.

I have a 92 80 series parts truck sitting at my house, unfortunately it's here in southern California and I don't know if it has the tank issue or any other issues. You're welcome to have it if there is a way. I do meet up with HDC on occasion and am in southern Utah a lot. Don't know if your issue is time sensitive or not.

Last edited:
I have a 92 80 series parts truck sitting at my house, unfortunately it's here in southern California and I don't know if it has the tank issue or any other issues. You're welcome to have it if there is a way. I do meet up with HDC on occasion and am in southern Utah a lot. Don't know if your issue is time sensitive or not.
Not time sensitive send me a pm and we can talk. I would be interested in purchasing the tank. Thank you

I have the leak on the top of tank where the weak point is. I had my mechanic weld it but when he worked on it he said he was the not the first to weld on the tank. It only lasted about 2 weeks and cracked again I think just below his weld. Not sure I want to have someone weld again on it and most used tanks have the same problem I am having and at 400-500 for used I was quoted 800 for new. If you have any recommendations I am all ears.
I got a replacement tank (new) that ended up also cracking. Got it welded and it got a crack again. Another weld on it and finally I replaced my charcoal canister and it held great after that 2nd weld fix. Not sure if you've replaced the charcoal canister in the bay but it was super easy even for a non-mechanic like me!

That explains why the LHM dealership on Eubank is going through ANOTHER reconstruction phase, I was wondering that for a while. The Millers sold Utah Jazz some time ago, which I wasn't aware of. As of 1/1/22, all 62 LHM dealerships will exchange hands.

Sounds like we'll still continue to receive our discount at the Alameda branch.

That's all I got.
Wonder what they'll do with all that money?

They're going into healthcare, apparently.

I got a replacement tank (new) that ended up also cracking. Got it welded and it got a crack again. Another weld on it and finally I replaced my charcoal canister and it held great after that 2nd weld fix. Not sure if you've replaced the charcoal canister in the bay but it was super easy even for a non-mechanic like me!
What canister did you use? Yeah I am going to have it welded again and replace the canister and all the lines they look very dry rotted to me.

What canister did you use? Yeah I am going to have it welded again and replace the canister and all the lines they look very dry rotted to me.
I used this one, but I bought it at Auto Zone for around 50 bucks. I think I gave em the number AC Delco VC120. I just watched several of the Youtube videos on replacing it. That Texas Know How guy has the longest videos but he is very thorough on all his videos for 80 Series stuff. Amazon product ASIN B000C9I9GQ

I'm using the same one as above, no complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom