Land Cruisers spied on TV/movies

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

Fate of the Furious (Furious 8) Long wheel base FJ45/47?

It is in Cuba, and it looks like it has other parts on it as well.

View attachment 1536041
Looks closer to a mid wheel base (43, 44, 46). Troopies had two windows on the hard top sides that are same size as the 40 series. Would interesting to see all the mods that took place over the years.

The entire series of Narcos (Netflix) is littered with various types of Land Cruisers that it would make you have a landgasm just from seeing the vast array of LC's they used in Columbia. They were fancied by the Narcos so much, that you could spot a cartel member just from the truck alone.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

Monk season 4, episode 12, "Mr. Monk and the Captain's Marriage". Starts out in a junkyard with a homeless man sitting in a 68 FJ55 and witnesses a murder. Interior was rough but certainly wasn't a rust bucket.

msahr

From what I understand, there was a recent segment of House Hunters International in Nicaragua where the house hunters had a pretty nice tricked out 80 and the real estate agent drove a lifted 100. Not that I watch that show you understand, I just heard about it. Oh and I heard both LCs were the correct color, that being grey.

92LXAZ

SILVER Star
There's a black 200 series in The Foreigner (Jackie Chan). Couldn't find any still images. Pretty good movie.

msahr

Seems the bad guys on Longmire like to drive Land Cruisers

Never saw the front but I think this is an FJ62

And I think this is a 60
Another reason to love that show. And really miss it now that it's gone. No spoilers though... haven't finished watching it. We want to savor It, so no binge-watching. Thanks for sharing!

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

2015 movie McFarland, USA has a 63/64 FJ45 fixed top. Bed is removed and some type of flatbed with seats to haul farm workers from town to the fields. Really cool patina and wouldn't change a thing if I owned it.

Netflix series "Glitch" (2 seasons, worth binging) is Aussie based and there's a LandCruiser driven by the chief of police in every episode. These are all Aussie spec 60-62's, but lots of variants.

Top Bottom