- Vehicle Model
- 40 Series
1978 FJ40 Rock Crawler
$25,000.00The Land Cruiser Heritage Museum is offering an opportunity for a Land Cruiser enthusiast to purchase a custom built rock crawler. Offered for sale is a 1978 US market FJ40 manufactured in September 1977, modified by Proffitt's Cruisers of Colorado.
- Custom 4 link front coil spring suspension with 4:10 geared Dana 60 Axle
- Rear axle is a Dana 60 with custom 4 link and 1/4 elliptical springs
- Equipped with 4-wheel disc brakes and hydraulic power steering
- Powered by a GM 5.7-Liter Vortec V8 with a TH400 automatic transmission
- Twin-stick Atlas transfer case
- 44x19.50-17LT Interco Pit Bull Rockers on MRW beadlock steel wheels
- Warn 9.5 TI winch with synthetic rope
- Rear mounted Warn ATV winch to tension rear axle
- Chassis-mounted rock lights
- Custom bobbed tub with full roll cage
- Beard seats and 4-point G-FORCE seat belts
- AutoMeter gauges
- CB radio included
- ExtremeAire onboard compressor with storage tank
- Interior floors have spray-in liner
The vehicle is offered at $25,000.00 and can be inspected in Salt Lake City, UT. Contact Dan Busey at 505-615-5470 or email dbusey@lhmcom.
Note: mileage indicated on the existing speedometer is 76. Total mileage is unknown.
50 additional photos available here: Land Cruiser Heritage Museum - 1977 FJ40 - https://landcruiserhm.com/museum-collection/vehicle-collection/196-1977-fj40#gallery