KZN130 MAP Sensor Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I have a 4Runner / Surf 1KZTE which is showing fault code 35 for MAP sensor. I have replaced the sensor off another running vehicle to test, and the same issue still persists. I've checked the small filter and the hole in the intake manifold and neither are blocked.

When under heavy acceleration, once it hits 2500 - 3k RPM, the turbo will start to spool erratically up and down, this is the point the check engine light illuminates. The vehicle definitely feels underpowered even in the lower RPM ranges.

Has anyone had a similar issues that they've been able to diagnose? My only thoughts are either the EGR being stuck open, or the turbocharger itself is due for a replacement? I thought I'd see if anyone here had experienced the same problem before I go taking things apart.

Thanks in advance,
Sam

To anyone interested, I took it for a good drive and decided that since I'd used two MAP sensors it was probably the fuel cut coming on and off. Its automatic diesel pump.

Bought a budget $20 boost gauge and sure enough straight to 15psi under any load.

Removed the heat shield etc to access the turbo and somebody had disabled the wastegate by removing the hose connecting to the actuator.

Runs like it should now. Case closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom