KZJ78 Electrical Issues

Hello everyone, I have a 1994 KZJ78 (1KZ-TE) that I imported from when I was living in Japan. The truck recently started acting up ever since I got it back from the shipper. When the truck is running, something causes the whole electric systems to shut down. I can't roll down any windows, operate the locks, radio and all the dashboard goes off (fuel level, battery level, RPMs) with the exception of the speedometer. sometimes the electric power comes back on and everything works perfectly but it seems like any sort of vibration (road, engine) trips something out and I lose all electric power. Could this be because of a faulty ground? I've been waiting on the weekend to spend more time checking wires since I barely have time during the week. The battery is good and the starter/alternator seem to work fine but I can't think of anything else but a loose ground somewhere. Any insight will be appreciated. I will be posting more once I figure out how a car forum works and all that lol

Do you have an electrical diagram? Is it just the dash or also headlights or horn or turn signals? Does it keep running or cut the fuel off? The dash lights are often on the TAIL fuse and separated from those other system. Start there. Recently had to figure that out.

Do you have an electrical diagram? Is it just the dash or also headlights or horn or turn signals? Does it keep running or cut the fuel off? The dash lights are often on the TAIL fuse and separated from those other system. Start there. Recently had to figure that out.
The head/tail lights work, the hazards and turn signals as well. I haven't tried the horn yet but I am guessing it still works. The dashboard does not light up currently and as of last night the rig was still not starting. I do have a tick from the starter when I turn the key but I am wondering if I have to go wire by wire and checking all the ground connections. I checked the fuses and changed the ones that were blown but that didn't fix anything.

speedo is cable driven so thats why it keeps going, start with the fusible links on the battery, my wagon acted up strangely like this before it would not turn over or do anything at all
I swapped them out for a whole fuse holder out of an R34 skyline wreck that bolts to the battery

speedo is cable driven so thats why it keeps going, start with the fusible links on the battery, my wagon acted up strangely like this before it would not turn over or do anything at all
I swapped them out for a whole fuse holder out of an R34 skyline wreck that bolts to the battery
thanks, I'll start going through the wires. hopefully the weather clears up a bit today

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom