Builds Kreiten Build thread! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ophir Pass...

i-gHKpJgT-X2.jpg

Beautiful rig Kreiten. Always cool to see them getting flogged in their natural habitat!

You make me wish I bought the fatties instead. It looks so good!

You have done extended rear bump stops right?

You make me wish I bought the fatties instead. It looks so good!

You have done extended rear bump stops right?
yep, had to extend the rear bumpstops or you will rub with anything bigger than a 33 inch tire when pushing it hard. I got the Timbren SES rears, @Willy beamin has been running them for years... Thanks for the props man, this setup is working out really well, I LOVE IT!

a quick snack break on Steel Bender, cool trail...

i-6sSMzN8-X2.jpg

yep, had to extend the rear bumpstops or you will rub with anything bigger than a 33 inch tire when pushing it hard. I got the Timbren SES rears, @Willy beamin has been running them for years... Thanks for the props man, this setup is working out really well, I LOVE IT!
Yea I learned that over the weekend. Bent in the metal behind the factory rear bumper and polished the top of the fenders pretty good

Yea I learned that over the weekend. Bent in the metal behind the factory rear bumper and polished the top of the fenders pretty good
just make sure ya cut that seat belt screw outta the back fender well and a little polishing won't really hurt anything 🥴

New coilovers with HD springs are ready to slap in...

i-wLgr29f-X2.jpg

just make sure ya cut that seat belt screw outta the back fender well and a little polishing won't really hurt anything 🥴
Always wondered what in HECK they were thinkin with that crazy screw…?!?!

Got the front Timbren bumpstops in today, I'll get the rear one's installed next week and then gonna hit some tracks and see if and where it rubs. On the street it does not rub at all, clears the KDSS bar by about half an inch at full crank so no need for the KDSS relocation kit to be installed.

View attachment 2648604

Happy with the front Timbrens @kreiten? I need to find a solution for my front suspension. My UCAs are punching holes through my inner fenders. Every time I look at timbrens I'm put off by the price for simple rubber bump stops but going to have to get over it I think. Assume the install was quick and easy? I haven't looked closely but do the OEM bumps come off as easily as the timbrens are to install? I have a bit of rake on my truck so even fully weighted I rarely rub in the rear so not sure I need to go down that path quite yet.

Happy with the front Timbrens @kreiten? I need to find a solution for my front suspension. My UCAs are punching holes through my inner fenders. Every time I look at timbrens I'm put off by the price for simple rubber bump stops but going to have to get over it I think. Assume the install was quick and easy? I haven't looked closely but do the OEM bumps come off as easily as the timbrens are to install? I have a bit of rake on my truck so even fully weighted I rarely rub in the rear so not sure I need to go down that path quite yet.
Super happy with them so far, ran a bunch of trails in Moab after I installed them, speed and low speed rock crawling and think they gave me exactly what I wanted. That being said they are def expensive for what ya get, on my 100 I have the Wheeler front bumpstops, about half the cost and so far they are working out great also. The Wheeler only come with one per side where as the Timbrens replace both of them on each side. Install is super easy and fast, go on just like the stock ones come off except for the bolt is separate from the bumpstop. If ya do decide to go with the rears down the road get your sawsal ready as ya have to cut a small chunk of the base off as it's in the way. The Timbrens are really nice but I've also had good luck with the Wheelers on my 100, The wheelers are massive but appear to have more give. Not sure I answered your question on if they are worth the cash or not, I guess I think both options are worth looking at and are ten minute installs. top 2 pics are the Wheelers for my 100, bottom 2 are the Big Money Timbrens!

i-8f3VfqR-X3.jpg

i-8TwzChM-L.jpg

i-fCFPWLJ-L.jpg

i-ZXmqbX8-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Do you guys know the front timbren parts number by chance? Timbrend are always hard to spend on, but it's always worth it.

Super happy with them so far, ran a bunch of trails in Moab after I installed them, speed and low speed rock crawling and think they gave me exactly what I wanted. That being said they are def expensive for what ya get, on my 100 I have the Wheeler front bumpstops, about half the cost and so far they are working out great also. The Wheeler only come with one per side where as the Timbrens replace both of them on each side. Install is super easy and fast, go on just like the stock ones come off except for the bolt is separate from the bumpstop. If ya do decide to go with the rears down the road get your sawsal ready as ya have to cut a small chunk of the base off as it's in the way. The Timbrens are really nice but I've also had good luck with the Wheelers on my 100, The wheelers are massive but appear to have more give. Not sure I answered your question on if they are worth the cash or not, I guess I think both options are worth looking at and are ten minute installs. top 2 pics are the Wheelers for my 100, bottom 2 are the Big Money Timbrens!

View attachment 2735604

View attachment 2735605

View attachment 2735606

View attachment 2735607
thank you sir. Question answered.

Do you guys know the front timbren parts number by chance? Timbrend are always hard to spend on, but it's always worth it.
there are 2 different types of Timbrens for the front of the 200 series, I run the SES on mine but they also offer the Active Offroad Bumpstop. Double check but those should be the part numbers, top one is the SES lower is the Active Offroad...
TOFLC2
ABSTOF

Just a little more feedback for bumpstops... I also had the Wheeler ones for my 100 and was happy with them so I went searching for something similar for my 200. I found another person on here had purchased Durabumps for the front of his 200. Last year, they weren't listed as an option for the 200 but he sells them as the same part as the 1st gen Tundra. I mistakenly installed the pair in the front position on my 200, and then purchased the above part #ABSTOF (which was only one pair) in the rear position. I then finally followed up with the rear Timbrens, the off-road ones, not the towing ones. And their newest part # for the rear should ship with the correct bracket that does not require modifying. Unless you happen to get an old stock from another dealer like I did. Then, call up Timbren and they will send the correct bracket.

I feel all these bumpstops limit up travel, at least to some degree, on all but the hardest hits. But this was exactly what I wanted and I've been happy.

Finally got around to putting the heavier Ironman coilovers up front to help with the weight of the front bumper. Also got 4.88 Gears, rear locker and dual ARB air compressor, those installs will be down the road a bit...

i-Vgjxnmq-X3.jpg

Welcome to club 4.88. I'm still on 34s but with ECT PWR on it's soooo much fun from every stop sign.

Did you end up springing for lockers too?

Welcome to club 4.88. I'm still on 34s but with ECT PWR on it's soooo much fun from every stop sign.

Did you end up springing for lockers too?
Excited to get this in, just a rear locker for this build!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom