KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) for 80s (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wait - these are no longer an option? No wonder I didn't receive a response...is there anything else like it in the market?

I don't think Landshark/Dave is still in the drawer business. As far as I know there aren't any other similar flat pack, customize it yourself options on the market.

It seems to me there are a few types available still, ranging from the ARB/Dobinsons/etc. metal case drawer types, to the the Air Down Gear Up 80/20 setup, on to Goose Gear, and then the ultimate: Trekboxx.

I have a pair of Reef drawers and a full ADGU deluxe setup collecting dust in the garage. Buying the Trekboxx was a shock to my wallet, but they are head and shoulders nicer than anything else I've tried. I still think the Reef are a great value for the price.

I don't think Landshark/Dave is still in the drawer business. As far as I know there aren't any other similar flat pack, customize it yourself options on the market.

It seems to me there are a few types available still, ranging from the ARB/Dobinsons/etc. metal case drawer types, to the the Air Down Gear Up 80/20 setup, on to Goose Gear, and then the ultimate: Trekboxx.

I have a pair of Reef drawers and a full ADGU deluxe setup collecting dust in the garage. Buying the Trekboxx was a shock to my wallet, but they are head and shoulders nicer than anything else I've tried.
Thanks for listing, time to do some research on other options or consider DIY. If you're looking to sell your unused drawers, please send me a DM. Enjoy the Trekboxx!

yeah, I also imagine the cost of the original Baltic birch plywood used for that would drive the price way above $575

Looks like the original system used a mix of 15mm and 12mm, which from my local lumber yard is $120 and $96 respectively (for 5'x5' sheets)

I doubt Dave was making enough money to remain an ongoing concern at the prices he was charging. Add in the skyrocketing cost of materials and supply chain challenges (just for fun, Google where in the world most Baltic birch comes from), and it makes sense that they aren't still an option for this community. It's too bad because they're a great product.

I’d buy a single kiss drawer if new or used condition if one was available.

I had number for him and reached not too long ago but did not receive a response. I have an outlet to make these drawers via a cousin with a wood CNC machine and I thought about buying him out and attempting to make a GO of manufacturing. Margins are too slim and demand too low.

Sure wish I’d ordered the full kit (2x drawers and both wings).

Margins are too slim and demand too low.

No doubt, which is why selling the plans and/or CNC program could be a viable middle ground.

You wouldn't actually need a CNC machine to replicate the drawer setup. Really the only "advanced" move is the dado cuts for the drawer bottom. Everything else is pretty standard cutting and drilling (with countersinks). For the metal, you could order the pieces cut to length from the 80/20 site.

The big advantage to buying from Landshark was exploiting Dave's access to baltic birch plywood at a time when it was scarce and not having to figure out how to cut pieces out of full sheets with minimal waste. The design was brilliantly simple and should be easy enough to mage your own.

Wait - these are no longer an option? No wonder I didn't receive a response...is there anything else like it in the market?
When I was deciding on drawers I also looked at Drifta. They are based in Australia, but have a distributor in Vancouver BC. They are simple, but well designed utilizing at the time (may have changed) UHMW plastic for slides. You may want to check those out too.

I had number for him and reached not too long ago but did not receive a response. I have an outlet to make these drawers via a cousin with a wood CNC machine and I thought about buying him out and attempting to make a GO of manufacturing. Margins are too slim and demand too low.

Did same and no response from him.

I am in the process of building my new system with 8020 to include seat (driver side 2nd row) delete storage/sleeping platform. Taller at 12.5" but thats easily modified depending on needs. I've had a couple requests for the plans so I've reached out to my CAD guy about doing up some drawings.

Pics are shown without drawer faces or "wings" installed on a shake rattle and roll test. Extended storage (2nd row section) is being fabricated now as I'm waiting on some 8020 parts to finalize main drawer build.

20240225_145352.jpg

20240225_145317.jpg

Dave tried to sell Land Shark Outfitters in 2022.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom