Keyless in Downingtown (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The day after I gave Del the code taken from the passenger side lock cylinder, they had several blanks waiting for me. The service manager cut one key from the code I gave him over the phone. We decided I would try that key to make sure it worked before he cut any more. The key worked so I had him cut a couple more spares. Ran about $10.00 per key.
Thanks again for being ready to express some keys to me!

no problem

Sorry for the hijack, but has anyone come across a key blank like this? It’s the only key I got with the 40 and would love to have a few spares around before I end up in a similar situation.

5BE79A1E-9EB9-4747-B1FE-53EDDF7AA113.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry for the hijack, but has anyone come across a key blank like this? It’s the only key I got with the 40 and would love to have a few spares around before I end up in a similar situation.

View attachment 1928575

I will Give u Several of these 4 That ............................

1.3.JPG

If those are the same profile for the ignition I would like 2 more cut. Not sure I wanna give up the original though.

Yes , there the same Key Profile #

your a smart Man to hang on to that rare Bird

i would have it Re-Silver zinc Plated

easy to do or have done

Send me a PM for your NEW Keys Cut To Your Key Code .......................

Thanks

And take your key code offline before someone else cuts one.

Thank You for the feedback @TrapperHunt

you have "made" my Friday :)

DSCN9792.JPG
DSCN9794.JPG
DSCN9796.JPG

View attachment 1929165

a badly needed update ?

or

i need to make a OEM Butterfly Key Update badly .?

🤔

either way here is another chapter for the 2nd best Chapter i know ............:)

approx 2 weeks ago i was approached by a fellow member who shall remain anonymous , also who knew my main weakness..

Vintage TEq Swag ............ :rolleyes:

he offered up a 20+ pc set of NOS Code cut Dealership master Butter Fly Keys circa i think ? early 1970's maybe 71-72 to be exact .

only ever seen the one polished to bright brass by @TrapperHunt ........

so i made a deal with the TEq Devil and the wife too and scooped up the entire collection , as it was put to me , all or none ?

the other smaller vintage keys are / were part opf my existing collection , prior to the 20+ Butter Fly NOS code cut master keys ..

each dealership was issued a set of master keys prior to the advent of a motorized key cutting machine

in the early 1980's

its supports the notion these most likly never saw the light of day and would only be used in the event of a emergency such a s bad snow storm or fire etc ........

and since all parts departments had at least 2 or more working hand punch key code guns , these stayed in the GOLD Chain Sporting General managers desk for eternity more or less ..........

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom