Keyless in Downingtown (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is the smart ass answer. Go into the hood and ask who knows how to steal a old car.

I saw a bunch of cons break into a newer car to save a kid who was locked in on the news last week.

Every key problem for me has been solved by:
A1 Security Center
13 Coffman St
Malvern, PA 19355
Rob Hoeflein
610/647-5042

It is about a block from the big Wawa on Rte 30 @ Planebrook Road, there is a Uhaul across the street from that Wawa if that helps to "see" it.

So, Mac kindly stopped over just now and we found out that his key does not fit the glass slipper.....:doh:

FJ40 Macs lost key attempt.jpg

Here is the smart ass answer. Go into the hood and ask who knows how to steal a old car.

I saw a bunch of cons break into a newer car to save a kid who was locked in on the news last week.

to piggyback off of Andys reply , since you are in Downingtown , go the other side of the train station , that the hood of Downingtown , I know this because I grew up there

Progress Report: After removing the passenger side lock cylinder I cleaned it up and found a 5 digit stamping. 1 letter followed by 4 numbers. I gave this code to the Del Toyota parts desk and after looking it up in his book, he confirmed it to be a good code. Says he will have 3 (yes 3!) new keys to me within a couple days. If this works, I may remove the ambulance door lock cylinder and see if I can finally get a key for that door.

For those who are wondering, I did use a phone mounted endoscope in an attempt to find the lock cylinder code without removing it from the door. In my case, the stamping was on the top of the cylinder which, had it been clean enough, could have been identified with the endoscope. However, I couldn't see any numbers until I pulled the cylinder and cleaned off the grime. Only then did the numbers reveal themselves.

Thanks for all the great help & suggestions. (No "hood" was involved in the pursuit of a solution)

This, however, has not yet erased my dreams of a handcrafted, Amish, artisan key from Lancaster lock country by CAZ ;)

Ken

I meant to post this up earlier. @RAGINGMATT is a MUD supporting vendor and sells and cuts NOS Toyota keys. Might be too late if you already ordered from local Toyota dealer but figured I'd post it up anyway.

Progress Report: After removing the passenger side lock cylinder I cleaned it up and found a 5 digit stamping. 1 letter followed by 4 numbers. I gave this code to the Del Toyota parts desk and after looking it up in his book, he confirmed it to be a good code. Says he will have 3 (yes 3!) new keys to me within a couple days. If this works, I may remove the ambulance door lock cylinder and see if I can finally get a key for that door.

For those who are wondering, I did use a phone mounted endoscope in an attempt to find the lock cylinder code without removing it from the door. In my case, the stamping was on the top of the cylinder which, had it been clean enough, could have been identified with the endoscope. However, I couldn't see any numbers until I pulled the cylinder and cleaned off the grime. Only then did the numbers reveal themselves.

Thanks for all the great help & suggestions. (No "hood" was involved in the pursuit of a solution)

This, however, has not yet erased my dreams of a handcrafted, Amish, artisan key from Lancaster lock country by CAZ ;)

Ken
I meant to post this up earlier. @RAGINGMATT is a MUD supporting vendor and sells and cuts NOS Toyota keys. Might be too late if you already ordered from local Toyota dealer but figured I'd post it up anyway.

Hi Ken , Matt here

sorry to here about your Lock & Key issues ,

I will get right to the chase :

-I have a SST code cutting machine ,

- Dozens of OEM Toyota Blanks in-stock

- and can have a set of fresh keys cut in 15 minutes for u

now the interesting part , I read the entire thread and gather u are in Lancaster , PA maybe , or near by perhaps ?

- My shop is about a hour and 1/2 from Lancaster , My parents live there , I go to Liditz all the time to shop and hang out

- im north east of Washington DC

- i have 2 ideas , u come get the keys from me , Keys in hand in 90 Minutes

- or i take them to the post office before 1PM EST and U get them in the mail tomorrow VIA USPS Priority Mail Express
service

Let me know I will Help U out any way I can if Your stranded without your 1980 FJ40 Ignition & Door's

Hi Matt,
Wow! Really wish I'd known before I talked to the Toyota dealer this morning! (Nothing against them) You're really set up! And yes, I'm in Downingtown/Chester Springs area, about 45 mins east of Lancaster. If I was in urgent need I would definitely get them from you (as well) but I gave the dealer the order this morning and the truck is safe inside my garage. I don't, however have a key for my ambulance door lock. Is that something you could do?

Thanks very much for reaching out and thanks to @iptman for letting me/us know.

Ken

Hi Matt,
Wow! Really wish I'd known before I talked to the Toyota dealer this morning! (Nothing against them) You're really set up! And yes, I'm in Downingtown/Chester Springs area, about 45 mins east of Lancaster. If I was in urgent need I would definitely get them from you (as well) but I gave the dealer the order this morning and the truck is safe inside my garage. I don't, however have a key for my ambulance door lock. Is that something you could do?

Thanks very much for reaching out and thanks to @iptman for letting me/us know.

Ken

don't thank me , thank @iptman , he contacted me via Pm and mentioned there might be a need for what i CAN do

Wow! Really wish I'd known before I talked to the Toyota dealer this morning! after i rushed over here to your thread , and wrote my Shpeal , I wondered why i did not see this in 40 series TECH or something ? , then i saw the header , Im
in A TLCA Clubhouse , not sure exactly what that is still , but something tells me im a guest and better behave myself and NOt leave any of My TEq Tag-Banners behind ........

(Nothing against them) there a new car dealer thats all

You're really set up! Thanks !

And yes, I'm in Downingtown/Chester Springs area, about 45 mins east of Lancaster. Yes , as i mentioned my Folks live
Right Near where u are right Now

If I was in urgent need I would definitely get them from you (as well) but I gave the dealer the order this morning FYI ,

There Order cut off and Modifications like canceling is 5:30 sharp , so u have till then to decide if u want more keys for example or ..........

and the truck is safe inside my garage. As Long as your Truck is Safe and secure , that's the Important part !

I don't, however have a key for my ambulance door lock. Is that something you could do? YES , I can Machine Code Cut the Single Sided older keys and ambulance door keys as well Via the 4 digit Key Code

Thanks very much for reaching out , No worries , I was ready to hop in My 2005 Tundra DC 4.7 and Push

My Stainless Steel BORLA cat Back Dual Exhaust & Cold air Intake to it's Limits on I-83 to meet up

I hope everything works out with your keys u are getting cut ,
I am sure it will

Thanks to the Key-Stone Cruisers for Letting Me stop Buy for a needed pit stop in there Club House

I will stop buy and check in once in a while and say hi , now that i know there is Folks 90 minutes from my house & shop

Thanks KEN !

on a side note :

I have another Specialty Small Business Store Front here on MUD besides The LOCK & KEY Code Cutting & Repair service

I will post the Link below :

@RAGINGMATT your welcome around here anytime. You've really never heard of us?

Btw I live near 501 and rt 30.

Thanks !

no, i was not really aware of a special or designated TLCA chapters sub-forum's section if u will ?

maybe that's because i currently am not a Member of the TLCA , or belong to a chapter

From like 1990-1993 i was active in The Capital Area Land Cruiser Club outside DC in Northern Virginia , but i moved out

of my parents house after High School , and the Drive to Capital Area Meetings & Events became a 2+ hour commute

There was No Baltimore Chapter at the time , not sure there is now either ?

My folks live in The Lancaster Area , I don't ,

My Shop Rising Sun Mechanical is East of Washington DC , still Approx. 2+ hours From Capital Area Meeting Locations

I will stop back here and check in once in a while , its a UN-Explored new section of MUD to wander around and meet

new folks . 🍺

i will leave the Keystone-Cruisers with a Night cap ...................................Enjoy

Please Click on the MUD Link Below

Last edited:
so how did this story end ?

with the DEL Toyota code cut keys ?

like this : :mad:

98E89324-C040-45E1-8D83-9EC4256EF0A9.jpeg

or like this : :cool:

s-l16001.jpg

The day after I gave Del the code taken from the passenger side lock cylinder, they had several blanks waiting for me. The service manager cut one key from the code I gave him over the phone. We decided I would try that key to make sure it worked before he cut any more. The key worked so I had him cut a couple more spares. Ran about $10.00 per key.
Thanks again for being ready to express some keys to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom