Key Mystery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2004 LC with 3 keys. One is a master key with buttons (confirmed as master via FAQ). The second is a valet key without buttons. Both of these keys do what they are intended to do. I have a third key with buttons. The buttons unlock the doors and the key is cut and kicks the starter over but does not start the truck. This key causes the security light to continually blink, marking it as an unrecognized key. All that is good, so I follow the sequence in the FAQ to program the key, but after all the pedal pressing etc. the light still blinks continuously and the key is not programmed - ie, nothing happens. Any ideas what could be the problem? I think the battery is ok since it unlocks the door remotely.

The valet key will not lock/unlock the glove box but will allow you to drive.
Sounds like your other 3 button key may not be programed to your car. You can search and find out how to do it in MUD. I've done it before but have forgotten now. If I remember right, it's quite a little dance with knobs and buttons to program the key.

BTW, How's it going Live to Ski! Nice time sipping those beers and talking 'cruisers last week!

You have to program the keys twice. Once for the ignition to accept that key as legit and once for the door locks.

Yours has one but not the other. You may have to do one before the other when you correct.

Thanks for the feedback. I tried the song and dance in the FAQs: Programming a master or valet key and on this page as recommended on another key thread: Transponder Key Programming

In each case, no love. I hear you about starting from scratch with it, but I am leary about wiping out all the non-master keys since my valet key works OK. I don't want to end up with just one working key. Anyone have any idea how to wipe just one key?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom