Keeping rig cool while parked in hot climate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why do people move to Arizona? Jobs. And October through May... Check out the "Anytime else sick of winter" thread, 😂
Jobs and a slightly better political environment. I guess the desert heat and dust / sand is the price you pay for the aforementioned items. LOL

Jobs and a slightly better political environment. I guess the desert heat and dust / sand is the price you pay for the aforementioned items. LOL
At the risk of attracting even more Californians...PSA-The entire state of Arizona is not one flaming cat litter box... One can enjoy a morning in the cool pines or play in the snow, and have a barbeque wearing shorts and flip flops for dinner.

At the risk of attracting even more Californians...PSA-The entire state of Arizona is not one flaming cat litter box... One can enjoy a morning in the cool pines or play in the snow, and have a barbeque wearing shorts and flip flops for dinner.
Really! Save me a spot, I'm moving to Arizona!!!!

Yes it gets hot, but really only couple months out of a year. The rest of the year is awesome. There’s plenty of places to go off roading within a hours drive. I’ve been here all my life and can’t image dealing w heavy snow and rust! To each is own!

The water situation will be interesting in the next few years. California and Arizona are going to have to start taking bigger cuts next year. Mead has dropped 10 feet in the past 6 weeks. Thankfully Las Vegas was proactive in getting the 3rd intake done and running. Vegas could literally be the last user of the water if Mead drops below 900 feet in elevation. Not to mention no power generation from Hoover or Powell. Current elevation is 1047 above sea level. If we get another year or 2 of dry warm winters, some really hard decisions will have to be made. Sorry for the off topic post, but continuing to build homes as if we have an endless supply of water is just mind boggling to me.

Very true. More house’s and golf courses, just what the desert needs. Horrible….
But those aren't anything, in terms of water usage. Farming and industry are the elephants in the room that no one wants to talk about. Mostly because farmers own their water rights. How badly do we "need" pistachios? Or data centers??? Golf courses here have all long been gray-water. Converting farmland to stucco and tile-roof subdivisions actually DECREASES water usage, acre for acre.

To get back on track, I do my part by rarely washing my rig. In fact, I can't even remember the last time I washed it...

To get back on track, I do my part by rarely washing my rig. In fact, I can't even remember the last time I washed it...
I just don’t wash it. That is unless Mother Nature does it for me. :D

To pull this thread sliiiiightly back on track - what about these? They're reflective window covers for ALL the windows. Used in conjunction with venting might be a good way to keep temps down, and also probably useful for camping inside (at night).

They're made for the Prado 150 but you could probably also make your own.

Amazon product ASIN B094CCZWZQ

To pull this thread sliiiiightly back on track - what about these? They're reflective window covers for ALL the windows. Used in conjunction with venting might be a good way to keep temps down, and also probably useful for camping inside (at night).

They're made for the Prado 150 but you could probably also make your own.

Amazon product ASIN B094CCZWZQ
While effective, they'd be a pain to put up and take down while you run into the Sev for a slurpee...

My 2022 has full ceramic 100% UV and darker tint. COMPLETE game changer. I leave a few windows cracked and it is WAY better than my 470 left in the sun. So much so I am going to get 100% UV no color tint in the 470 ASAP now.

I live in the Phoenix area. I basically look for a shaded spot and take the longer walk. Sunshade and tinting the front helps also. Its only brutal for about 3 months here, Saturday it is suppose to be around 113.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom