Just got MetalTech spacers! (DIY) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have 6" springs going in tomorrow. I couldn't stand Js anymore, even with spacers I am sitting way too low and it is VERY bad about swaying.

I like mine, but I don't want to lift it any higher... I'll let the Saz-all make room for bigger tires.

Well Dan, the cado has a fat ass and those J's aren't rated for that much toxic waste containment solution. I wonder how close to the same height we will be considering the large weight difference.

Ok, your 40th makes my 40th look showroom new. I do still put cardboard behind my bumpers and stuff before I spraypaint.

Well Dan, the cado has a fat ass and those J's aren't rated for that much toxic waste containment solution. I wonder how close to the same height we will be considering the large weight difference.

We can compare notes tomorrow in Cullowhee :) I got the 6" heavies for the rear (500-700 over stock) so I think it will hold the lard up just fine.

I like mine, but I don't want to lift it any higher... I'll let the Saz-all make room for bigger tires.

Fair enough. I guess I will find out how tall 6" really is...

I know this was originally posted several days, but the write up and photos were just awesome. I plan to change out springs and I had no idea it was that easy! I'm coming from Toy PU with leaf springs, where it ain't nowhere near that easy to swap out.

Thanks for the great photos and write up.

I agree, very happy with the J's and front spacer combo on my relatively light rig, wouldn't want a stiffer spring. Don't want it any higher, but with the 37's on it looks like I lowered it!:D

I agree, very happy with the J's and front spacer combo on my relatively light rig, wouldn't want a stiffer spring. Don't want it any higher, but with the 37's on it looks like I lowered it!:D

Got any pics wth the spacers, J's and 37's? I'm leaning towards goin bigger than 35's.

?

I am planning on getting the OME stock height replacement springs and billsteins.

My questioin is if I got these spacers would it cause me any problems with casters or steering?
This may be a dumb question but I have read when people get the 2" OME lift they sometimes fight with caster problems or steering clearance issues. I am just curious if anyone thinks there may be a problem if I added the 2" spacers to the OME stock height replacement set up?

nice writeup.

I may be wrong on this, but from memory, I thought that these were Cory's design? If so, he deserves a lot of credit for a great and elegant design indeed. If MetalTech did these before he did, then Kudos to them also. Either way, it's great that they are available.

Got any pics wth the spacers, J's and 37's? I'm leaning towards goin bigger than 35's.

I just slapped them on to see if I like them, still have to "fix" the issues, make them fit. First impressions are; It's not near as bad performance wise with the 4.10's as I thought it would be, I am sure it would suck in the mountains, but not bad around town. Have 5.29's to solve that problem. The wheels have more backspace, so would rub if wheeled and they touch the front arms on full lock turns, getting spacers. The Coopers are relatively narrow, so I think they will fit by lowering rear bump stops and maybe some minor rear flare trimming. Will probably extend the rear shock mounts to gain rear droop, flex.
37_1.jpg
37_2.jpg

:bounce2::bounce:

I look forward seeing this on Sunday.

I just slapped them on to see if I like them, still have to "fix" the issues, make them fit. First impressions are; It's not near as bad performance wise with the 4.10's as I thought it would be, I am sure it would suck in the mountains, but not bad around town. Have 5.29's to solve that problem. The wheels have more backspace, so would rub if wheeled and they touch the front arms on full lock turns, getting spacers. The Coopers are relatively narrow, so I think they will fit by lowering rear bump stops and maybe some minor rear flare trimming. Will probably extend the rear shock mounts to gain rear droop, flex.

I am planning on getting the OME stock height replacement springs and billsteins.

My questioin is if I got these spacers would it cause me any problems with casters or steering?
This may be a dumb question but I have read when people get the 2" OME lift they sometimes fight with caster problems or steering clearance issues. I am just curious if anyone thinks there may be a problem if I added the 2" spacers to the OME stock height replacement set up?

Me too!

Metal Tech is only 80 miles away:)

nice writeup.

I may be wrong on this, but from memory, I thought that these were Cory's design? If so, he deserves a lot of credit for a great and elegant design indeed. If MetalTech did these before he did, then Kudos to them also. Either way, it's great that they are available.

I am not familiar with another company doing this design. We made this in our thrash “get the truck built” before CM06. https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=88594&highlight=paint
They were just a quick how to adjust the rake due to the J’s with out using packers, it’s a simple solution to the problem. I would not be surprised if someone else has done something like this. The rear corner guards on the truck were also designed at the same time in the same “just built it and move on to the next thing” manner. It’s amazing what the mind does on no sleep and 6 RedBulls. The corner guards also worked quite honestly surprisingly well. (Just ask Todd Kaderabek, he sat in the passenger seat twice when the right guard held the truck up off the rocks!) These too will be avlaible shortly.

Some designs are fused over, CAD draw and calculated others are just built and tested in the real world with the welds still hot. We like to do both. Never intended to produce these as a product but we kept getting requests for them when people saw them. So here they are. Back to the 80 Cage build up.

Mark

I just slapped them on to see if I like them, still have to "fix" the issues, make them fit. First impressions are; It's not near as bad performance wise with the 4.10's as I thought it would be, I am sure it would suck in the mountains, but not bad around town. Have 5.29's to solve that problem. (Snip) QUOTE]

The Orange thing has 5.29's and has no problems with hills or getting off the line. The 5.29's work great with teh 37's.

Mark

nice writeup.

The first place that I saw them was an Aussie forum, both the alloy and welded designs.

The Orange thing has 5.29's and has no problems with hills or getting off the line. The 5.29's work great with teh 37's.

Mark

Good deal, that's what I wanted to hear.:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom